Biggest Koi carp u have seen

Alan Taylor

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not caught but my dad has several koi in his pond going to about 15lbs.

they dont half suck the food from your fingers

cheers,

rich

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Interesting looking koi in This thread. 18lb+ when last caught and almost a leather which I didn't even know existed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

There is a good reason for the question

please enlighten us!

cheers,

rich

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Biggest Koi I have seen in the UK was 60lb+, this was in a private collection, and I have heard of a few others that would put the UK rod caugt record to shame. The biggest Koi on record (Japan) was about 110lb.

Biggest I've heard of being caught in the UK is the trent ghostie at 45ish

Paul Singleton

rich:

quote:

There is a good reason for the question  

please enlighten us!

cheers,

rich

Sorry Rich, my mate Frans (Chainsaw Yately 2001 fame) has just returned with a pic of a cracker he caught. I am just waiting for him to send it to me. Evidently 4 guys had been after this fish for FOUR weeks, Frans took it off the surface after 45 minutes fishing using a controller and bread crust.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/