Imports

OP-JB

It's an indisputable fact of history Jim.

Our heritage is that of importing small Carp from Europe, I see nothing wrong in the continuance of that practice as long as we keep them SMALL.

I can't understand the attitude that somehow foreign Carp are inferior.

I can understand people getting annoyed with instant foreign whackers being stocked but that applies to English bred Carp as well.

Don't forget the Europeans have a wealth of fish breeding experience & I would'nt like to see us lose the chance to exploit that talent.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent point peter. We have to be extreamly wary of any non-elected circuit water anglers dictating their opinions on to the majority of fishermen, where most of the policies are decided (or not) after five or ten pints. I understand E.C.H.O. have a direct line to C.E.F.A.S. now.

Island mentality from a nation with more than it's fair share of fish health problems and endemic S.C.M.S.

Are the right people driving this and are they just concentrating (or irritateing) minds down at Weymouth.

As far as I can tell, although you can never be sure, Mr Shelley wishes for 'British' only fish and the percieved kudos that goes with them and in his words, foreign stocking is 'taking the pizz out of carp fishing'. I think he is wrong in this. I wonder if his own ego is suffering from other people catching equal size fish from other waters, more often.

Give Gibbo's peice on ethics a read in the AN articles section, and leave the peer pressure behind.

[ 15 June 2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: OP-JB ]

chesters1:

hitler worked in a cafe :confused: that could explain the "night of the long Knives "

p.s anyone want to buy a copy of mein kampf (is that "my coffee" )

Don't you mean "The night of broken glass"?

"Der Crystal Nacht" was it?

[ 15 June 2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

OP-JB:

I understand E.C.H.O. have a direct line to C.E.F.A.S. now.

And so have you and I....

http://anglersnet.co.uk/saa/cefas.htm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OP-JB:

I wonder if his own ego is suffering from other people catching equal size fish from other waters, more often.

And I wonder why you appear to be ever so slightly obsessed with Jim Shelley, OP? What's the real deal here, then?

Your assumption regarding Jim's ego and its suffering suggests a certain degree of thought on this topic, wouldn't you say? Why is Jim and his considerable angling prowess such a source of irritation to you?

I've never met Jim Shelley, or you for that matter, I'm just calling it as I see it. Oh yes - and I'm curious as to the real point of your obvious ire regarding Jim's catches.

[ 15 June 2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

OP-JB:

"considerable angling prowess "

The disguise is complete Only on the Net! :rolleyes:

Why the attack on Jim shelleys abilities as an angler? This thread appeared as a general thread on the perceived difference between resident and recently imported carp. In his replies Shelley told us what type of fish he fished for and did`nt as far as I can see even attempt to tell us what to do, why make it personal against him?

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

i reckon...its because his lake is stuffed with foreign carp..may i ask..

you always come across people like this..they have NOTHING better to do..watch him reprint this..as it always does..when its faced with the truth.

i love it REALLY..fires me up for another PROPER one..they only dream about catching.

remember aswell..they aint man enough to sign there name..just faceless idiots..with nothing else better to do in life.

regards

jim shelley

KIR.

Just a friendly warning at this juncture gents.....

This is a hot enough topic at the best of times and passions can get a touch inflamed! It's the carp angling equivalent of the brown verses rainbow trout issue that still erupts from time to time in the game angling world.

Please keep to the topic and not use it as an excuse to go in for personal attacks. I have seen Jim Shelley and others hounded on other forums....It will not be tolerated here...

A good strong debate is fine..... bullying of any sort is not!

I will watch this thread with interest....

Cheers

Alan

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan