Is any one getting bored with carp??

Mark Quinney

Just a thought..

I have not been out half as much this year (maybe the trip to the st lawrence has something to do with that).

Its seems to all be about carp these days, is anyone else thinking it would be nice to catch a few roach, a nice perch or two, and maybe pick up the odd bonus carp or tench. A good mixed bag...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not getting bored with Carp as I like to have a float rod with me for a spot of the "other" whenever I go...........even been known to flick the odd spinner or spoon out during the winter months!!!!

frosty

Treach515

[ 01. October 2005, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Treach515 ]

Dante:

Getting bored with not catching them tbh

Ditto!

Had some nice tench along the way, mind... :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I get that feeling now and then. You need a change. A good few years ago I ignored the signs and ploughed on. You start going through the motions and stop catching and that pointless feeling gets worse. Because I ignored it, it took me 4 years to come back. Now I recognise the signs and do something about it. How about sea fishing or some such for a complete change. It really does improve your carp fishing. Become a "Specimen Hunter" not a "Speciman Hunter". It's important to get the right balance for you.

mark, i said in another thread im getting a bit sick of carp fishing my pal's who i fish with regularly coulden't understand why. so nexed time i went with a 7mtr pole & fished for bit's they sat most of the day with none or one or two carp & i had a bag full of bit's & i forgot how much fun it was so now my 7mtr pole goes everywhere with me.no more sitting behind a pod all day for me. :D :cool:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I think I will have a rod and fish for other stuff on my next day out. I think its the delicacy of fishing for other fish that I miss, fishing for big carp is not exactly subtle!! I can wait to see a nice perch, just got to find somewhere with mixed fishing now !!

just got to find somewhere with mixed fishing now !!

Exactly. Most of our local waters are mainly if not exclusively carp, which is fine for a while, but I'd like to try a good mixed fishery with bream, roach perch etc, just for a change. A coarse river would be nice, but that's not an option :(

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

quote:

Is any one getting bored with carp??

In a word; no!

I guess it depends on how you do your fishing and what drives you. If your carp fishing consists of a couple of rods on a pod and you just sit it out till you get a take, then yes – I could see how you’d get pretty bored of that.

However, I’m always setting myself new targets and challenges which if anything increase my addiction for the species. For me, stalking carp is probably the most exciting type of fishing there is, and the sight of a big carp up-ending to investigate my hookbait is still enough to make my heart miss a beat. You just can’t beat the adrenaline rush when you see it hovering over your hookbait with mouth open wide and pectorals wafting… Will it? Won’t it? Will it? Won’t it?

Gets me every time - The mere thought of it makes me want to grab my rods and get out there!!

[ 03. October 2005, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Julian ]

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!