Is any one getting bored with carp??

Mark Quinney

In summary, if you dont want to become a little dis-enhartened with the UK carp scene, dont go to Canada where you will smash your PB every day and catch seriously hard fighting commons all day !!!!!!! It just has not felt the same since I returned......

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to be an oppertunist angler, if I go fishing for one thing then get a chance of something different I,m on it straight away. Eg was fishing a kent pit for some of the big perch that were known to be in it, some youngsters through their sandwichs in, up came some carp and started feeding, perch were forgotten and carp persued, might have given up the chance of a big perch but those carp wereasking for it.!!

Here we tend to catch carp when we're out fishing for mahseer sometimes. I know some chaps who fish only for carp and tend to have alot of action. I sometimes have a rod out for smaller carp when things get slow.

Guess the waters would be quite dull without carp. :)

yeah totaly! been carping for the last five years and have found my self a bit disalusioned with the whole thing! dosnt seem im getting the same buzz anymore!

used to use carp.com alot and started getting the felling that it was more about the tackel and how cool u look on the bank! and it seems to be masivly commercial driven, most of the mags just seem like one long advert if u read between the lines!

also for the last year ive had to fish my local noddy easy commercial due to a badly smashed leg and being unable to drive!

maybe thats got somthing to do with it?

just got very mechanical sitting behind the pod and lazily catching!

so im putting it out of my mind and do some piking and sea fishing (catch my dead baits) untill i relight the flame!

Guest Brumagem Phil

Mark.....if you are from coventry, then what about Coombe pool? A few big carp to go for as well as the predators and a load of coarse fish.

Cheap season ticket too. I've been there a couple of times recently just to eye the place up with the intention of getting a midweek permit for next season. Its 32 miles each way from me though so not ideal for me to pop out most days for a few hours.

[ 13. October 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Brumagem Phil ]

Mark

I too am from Coventry and we are so lucky with the amount of rivers we have quite near. The Avon, Severn and Teme to name a few. I fish the rivers all the time for Barbel and there are some big carp to be had from them, although not many people fish for them.

As for Coombe, it is a very hard water and would certainly give you a challenge for the Carp. Expect many blanks if you decide to go and give that a try. If I can help you let me know you can email through this forum

Paul

an-email-how.jpg

Click on the icon to:

1. Read the user profile

2. Email the user (note - if no icon they don't allow email)

3. PM the user (note - if no icon they don't allow PMs)

4. Edit your post

5. Quote another's post for your reply

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil

Mark.......anywhere in the river severn for starters!

You might like to check out anchor meadow on the avon too (do a google, there is plenty on the net about it).....a 48 pounder apparently came out a couple of years ago and biggies come out fairly regularly.