The Ultimate Hooklength Material?

Guest Elton

Okay, you guys sometimes pay £15 for a few metres of a product, so that product must be good.

What are your chosen materials for hooklengths and why?

I've just bought some of this Kryston Mantis stuff. I hope it's as good as the price tag suggests eek.gif

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest thecarpangler

It's great for barbelling......

Luckily I was given some to review coz I'm not sure if I would have paid twelve n half quid for it.

Hi Elton,

I had a 17lb 12oz common earlier this year using a Kryston Mantis hooklength, so thumbs up from me. Not had any tangles using it either so good for avoiding 'rig paranoia'!!

Jenni

Mantis?...love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it..........s'all I use! wink.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Originally posted by Gaffer:

Mantis?...love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it..........s'all I use! wink.gif

Gaffer,

I haven't had a chance to read the review you sent me yet. Can I assume from the above that you like it? rolleyes.gif

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Wordbender

Great product - but SUCH a sexist name! rolleyes.gif

Please, Sister Elton, can you lobby Kryston to change the name to 'Persontis' or, better still 'Non-specificgenderis'.

And while we're at it, let's get rid of 'guy' ropes, 'chap'stick and de-'mister'.

I also think that the term 'sleeping-bag' has unfair connotations, especially when used within earshot of allure-challenged females prone to tiredness.

C'mon, people - we must move forward, yeah?

I'm off to do some chanting, then.

Terry biggrin.gif

Guest Andy Thatcher

I think I like it just a little more than Gaffer.

Yes it is just that good.

------------------

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Guest RobStubbs

My favourite hooklengths are silkworm and 25lb amnesia (black). I have got some of that mantis stuff which I'm trying out but haven't caught on it yet. It seems a bit better than snakebite/skin but it is damn pricey.

Rob.

Guest Chris Shaw

Hmmm, ultimate hooklength material.

Is there one?

I do not think so, I think it is down to what the fish are having on the day.

I can recall when Black Spider braid was being used as a line material. This was before braids became popular as they are now.

Anyway I used to belong to a very easy carp water, not a puddle , but a 16 acre plus club lake, that was overstocked.

Everybody then was using nylon hooklengths, everybody was catching. This being a good water to experiment on I set up my rods with braid hooklengths, nothing else was changed.

I sat fishing these for a whole morning, all around me were catching, but I remained fishless. I reeled in one rod and changed it back to nylon, cast it back out to the exact same spot, within minutes I had a run. The rod with the nylon hooklength continued to catch, the one with the braid did nothing, until I switched it back to nylon.

I must admit in all my years of carp fishing I have used nylon and braid hooklengths, and have always found that the nylon when fishing bottom baits is better than braid. Popups I have found there is not a lot of difference.

For popups I use what ever one gives me the presentation that I require.

I have never fished the Snake Skins and such like, to expensive.

------------------

Chris Shaw

The reel handles spun in unison as they played on.