The CATCH 390 Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak

Anglers' Net

Oh well, just bought a new Prowler (silly name) 13 Angler for £100 off so I'm sorted.

Well I never,......good boat Mike!...........but so are the Bics, it was seeing a couple of Bilboa's being used at Kimmeridge that set me on the trail of getting a P13 too. Enjoy :)

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Well I never,......good boat Mike!...........but so are the Bics, it was seeing a couple of Bilboa's being used at Kimmeridge that set me on the trail of getting a P13 too. Enjoy :)

I tried it out last Sunday, the kids used the Bics, well, one is 6'4'', and it seems fine, more room for fishing and handy bits for the angler. Paddled quite well, turned easily enough, and as stable as the Bics.

I get a discount from my insurer now for having three kayaks!

It's just a tad faster than a Bilbao, but not by much, and I have to say, after paddling the Bilbao hundreds of miles, it's a much underated kayak, but not as good as a dedicated kayak for fishing, but it's possible to fish from one with a bit of thought, and minimal gear. However, for a good all round safe fun kayak for a reasonable price they really take some beating.

Iv'e had many an enjoyable day on it.

The Prowler does appear to be more capable of operating in rougher seas, but who in their right mind wants to fish in rough sea?

Just waiting for the fish to arrive before I take it out again, it's dead at the moment.

You're right, it makes no sense at all to set out in rough conditions but you should find that the extra length of the Prowler 13 should make progress a little swifter when wind and tide turn against you (though it is not as good as The Scupper Pro in this regard). P13 is a comfier boat however.

The fish should be back soon; first mackerel off Chesil last year for us was 6th April but no doubt the chillier winter will delay things a bit this year. Saw the first Swallow fly by on 8th April down this way last year.

KAYAKS:

You're right, it makes no sense at all to set out in rough conditions but you should find that the extra length of the Prowler 13 should make progress a little swifter when wind and tide turn against you (though it is not as good as The Scupper Pro in this regard). P13 is a comfier boat however.

The fish should be back soon; first mackerel off Chesil last year for us was 6th April but no doubt the chillier winter will delay things a bit this year. Saw the first Swallow fly by on 8th April down this way last year.

You know what they say about the 1st Swallow!

Going back to the Catch 390, I did have a close look at one when I went to the kayak shop to buy the P13. It's ok, a few little additions like the fish finder shield, but I seem to remember a review that said it didn't paddle too well or something.

As I was being offered the P13 for £100 off, and it was unmarked and never been in the water, it was no contest. I'm happy with my choice, I even like the colour, Mango, like the RNLI colour, you can see it miles away lol ! I just need 4 screws to fit the Scotty rod holder on the ready made plinth, but don't know the size or length of the screws required.

I reckon you will know the answer!

Cheers, Mike.

Going back to the Catch 390, I did have a close look at one when I went to the kayak shop to buy the P13. It's ok, a few little additions like the fish finder shield, but I seem to remember a review that said it didn't paddle too well or something.

As I was being offered the P13 for £100 off, and it was unmarked and never been in the water, it was no contest. I'm happy with my choice, I even like the colour, Mango, like the RNLI colour, you can see it miles away lol ! I just need 4 screws to fit the Scotty rod holder on the ready made plinth, but don't know the size or length of the screws required.

Cheers, Mike.

M5 Mike - length depends on what is the base depth of the fitting you're putting on.

I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Cheers

Andrew

(JO UK)

Cheers, Mike.

Sorry Mike, I've not been on here for a few days but looks like Andrew has given you the answer. One swallow may not a summer make but as a sentinel that it's on the way it certainly gives a bit of cheer. Saw a Brimstone butterfly on 30th March......now a few economic green shoots and some mackerel would be welcome too :)

KAYAKS: