Bivvies and bedchairs?

Guest Tim Kelly

Guest Steve Burke

Tim, I'm almost certain I sent Elton a field test of the Bedchair Brotel but I can't see it in the Reviews section of Angler's Net, only the Brotel De-luxe. It was probably when he was having those problems with his e-mail.

I'll e-mail you and Elton a copy - everyone else will have to wait!

I've also used a Trakker Big Z and on the basis of one night can recommend it, although there's a central obstruction that the Bedchair Brotel avoids. However, I very much liked the fact that a front infill panel can be added to make it mosquito proof.

As far as bedchairs go see my field test of the JRC Superlight. Super value at the new lower price of under £100.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest RobStubbs

Tim,

I use an umbrella with sides, initially a Nash oval profile but I know have the tracker big z. I have fished under both for up to 6 nights with no front added and as long as you don't face the front into a strong wind you will stay dry. I have used both in the winter as well but the damp tends to be pervasive so without a front (or even with) you are better adding a waterproof bedchair cover. I have a hutchy brotel which appears OK if not a little unstable, but a lot of people have had them split or leak.

Back to bedchairs, I'd go for new as there are good models for 95-99 pounds from JRC - I know my local tackle shop has one for 99 pounds which is almost identical to the one I use. I also have an old fox bedchair which is slightly heavier and isn't as wide.

HTH,

Rob.

Guest Tim Kelly

Thanks to you all for your help. I am suprised that you don't get covered in dew sleeping with an open front, but as this apparently isn't a problem I think the umbrella with sides type shelter will probably be the way to go.

Tim