Leads

RUDD

After losing two nash 3oz dumpy leads, a back lead then dropping an in-line lead into the drink friday night I went to get some new ones yesterday.

My local shop had single leads of all sizes and types priced at 1.10 each.

They were all made by a company that used to make leads for nash but undercut them with their own product (identical) and nash went elsewhere.

I picked up a few but then noticed pots of three by the same people but with no price on them so I asked.

The shop manager told me 2.99 so you save yourself 30pence - he didnt stop there.

Look just over there we have the Nash leads in pots of two for 1.49 a pot AND you get two safty clips and tail rubbers for free.

The company who made leads for nash are in a price war with nash and nash are winning as they have now undercut the other company.

Daft or what!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the leads are the same so I asked if he sells many of each (single 1.10 each, triple pack 2.99 or Nash double pack 1.49).

He told me sales were about equal with each other!!!!!!!!!!!

I will stick with the nash so I can get four for 3 quid plus clips and tail rubbers!!!!!!!!!

The pots they come in are also handy for glugs, dips or gassing maggots!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll echo that "where from?"

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hmmm, so if Trash, ooops, sorry, Nash, can drop his prices now, then why was he so expensive to start off with?

Don't answer that, I already know the answer!

carping_mad:

ha ha nice once gaffer,

Guys i have a friend who makes them for me, if you like i ca give him a shout, and see if he is up for customers     lolz. shouldnt be a problem, he has just churned out about 160 i think for one guy, probably selling them on ebay, oh wel..

Let me know if you are interested lads...Cheers   :)  

Of course we are interested.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

RUDD:

ha ha nice once gaffer,

Guys i have a friend who makes them for me, if you like i ca give him a shout, and see if he is up for customers        lolz. shouldnt be a problem, he has just churned out about 160 i think for one guy, probably selling them on ebay, oh wel..

Let me know if you are interested lads...Cheers    :)  

Of course we are interested.
Yeah, So I am interested as well especially if they aare flat pear inline types!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/