Wyreside

craynerd

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you could help me, i`m goin fishing at wireside next week, now i know there is two wyresides and the only way i can distinguish between them is one has more than one lakes on site and is more towards lancaster...that IS NOT the one i`m fishing.

I`m fishing the one more south towards blackpool and garstang i think! I know it is just one lodge, wyreside, and has 15 pegs. Know the one i mean? fished there ?

Any tips for my trip....baits, rigs, pegs or swims best to fish ?

Any help appreciated

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the one Craynard is going to, your link is for the one at Dolphinholme.

Here's a link that makes reference to the St Michaels one Wyreside Fisheries, Jenkinson's Farm There's a link on there for their website, but it's not working, looks like they've not paid their bill!

I've fished Wyreside many times, but mostly when it was a mixed coarse fishery. I've only fished it once since it became a Specimen lake. It was a Sunday, I had a natter to the people on the bank, most had been there bivvied up since Friday & had not had a fish between them. In fact, it should've been £12.00 to fish, but we we're only charged a tenner because it was fishing so poorly.

One of my rods still had a boilie on from a previous session, so whilst I was setting up I just chucked it out randomly & within a few minutes I hooked & landed a double figure carp! :D

To say there were a few píssed off anglers is an understatement.

Craynard, I've always found it to be quite pleasant surroundings to fish in, plus there's a little tackle shop come cafe on site, or at least there used to be.

Good luck to you, when is it you're going? Me & Dazler might beable to have a drive up for a quick natter.

carping_mad:

ok sory rabster.

No problem matey.

Incidentally, re. the link you put up for the "other" Wyreside, I've fished there a couple of times.

The 1st of which was in my younger days & all I could catch were small roach. My, what a jazzy top I was sporting! :cool:

wyreside1.jpg

dazler:

You were wearing that shell suit today   Do you mind, it was my camouflage fishing jacket, I'm surprised you can even see it!

However, just out of shot is what I now call Ye Olde Boilie, which I was infact using today, I've grown quite attached to it now, which is more than the fish have!