Wyreside

craynerd

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Chris, well done to you, AGAIN!!

I'm confused with you mentioning "Wyreside, Hudsons Farm." As far as I'm aware they are two different waters. I think Wyreside is actually at Jenkinsons Farm.

Judging by your photo's I'm pretty sure that's where you were. Is there an Island down the middle of 1st part of the lake & it then opens out into a basin at the far end?

Here are your piccies BTW: -

13.jpg

18.5.jpg

Cheers rabster, yes mate, i got confused i know it was one farm and wanted to put that then u all knew i wasnt at wyreside lakes, So yes u are correct it was Jenkinsons...

The island you talk about, i was fishing from peg 5 the two on the point between the two parts of the lake. I caught mine from infront of pegs 3/4...hehe

Hope u like the piccys, i feel a right ass with pictures of me on them, in future i should just take the fish lol

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

You look like you've stopped for a "Paula Radcliffe" on that 1st one.

Nice fish though mate, but don't be telling Dazler that you poached 'em from the next swim. Not after the bother he caused the other weekend! :mad:

There maybe trouble ahead! :D

rabster:

rabster:

ok sory rabster.

No problem

wyreside1.jpg

Rabster, did you actually catch that fish or where you piking and that was your bait ?

:D:D:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

lol, i didnt really poach it, rather than cast a bit too far! If you know which pegs i`m talkin about then u`ll understand what i mean!

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

jedibond:

Rabster, did you actually catch that fish or where you piking and that was your bait ?

:D      :D      :D  

I did indeed catch it, along with plenty more just like it, but I think the one pictured was the biggest of the day! :)

It was many moons ago, I'd gone with my stepson & his mate to fish at Wyreside (Not the one Craynard has just visited).

Anyhow, we only had an assortment of match rods & a few odds & ends of tackle with us, at that stage I'd only ever floatfished before. The guy in the ticket office wouldn't let us anywhere near any of the specimen carp lakes (understandably) & packed us off to fish Sunnyside, which is approx 11 acres & is now a trout water, but was then a mixed coarse fishery.

I seem to recall it was very shallow in the margins & sloped away very gently to the deeper water.

With the gear we had we could only fish fairly close in, in about a 2 feet of water. Hence only catching the little 'uns, but we did catch plenty of them, so the teenagers were made up!

Happy Days!! :)