float fishing for carp

zenith10

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Float fishing is one of my all time favourite methods and is a damn sight more effective than sitting behind static rods.

A quick example of this is a lake I used to fish years ago. Three rods may produce one run a night per angler (if you were lucky). One day I only had a few hours to spare so went down with an avon rod and float fishined meat in likely looking spots. The result? Four fish. Over the next few months I perfected the method and was regularly catching more fish in a few hours than the rest of the lake put together caught over a weekend!!!

Keep it close, keep it quiet and keep on the move. You`ll be impressed for sure!

wolf.gif

Common 40:

hmm, what if your target fish or/and a good head of carp feeding at say 150 yards out into 15 feet of water?? would it not then be skillfull to cast a lead to them with a pva bag attached or stringer etc and land the biggie of your dreams?

i am not saying that there is no skill at all in carp fishing. because as you say to get the accurate casting right would be skillfull indeed but some think(not including me BTW)that using rigs that hook the fish for you just isn't skillfull and it does all the work for you.that's all