right or wrong?

mc_mrbishi

Hi all

I went fishing at the weekend, saturday morning thru to sunday evening. I always take a float rod with me just for catching little roach,rudd, bream etc. while im waiting for that all important buzzer to scream off.

I was doing a bit of float fishing and catching some nice bream upto 4lb on it when a fellow carp angler in the swim next to me, decided he didnt like the idea that i was float fishing and told me it was irresponsible to be float fishing while my carp rods where in the water, as i wasnt paying attention to them and could cause the fish more stress if i hooked one. :confused:

I was float fishing in my swim so i was right by my carp rods, and i will never float fish if im on my own as i will always ask who im with to pull my float rod out of the water, so that it isnt left unattended and doesnt get tangled up when im playing a carp.

I just wandered if anyone else thinks this is so wrong and why as im unsure if im missing something?

Changing the subject slightly i managed to get a new pb of a 15lb common, which was a great feeling and i was shaking from the adrenaline rush as i put the fish back in :D:D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo I dont think you were doing anything wrong at all, you were fishing for different species of fish at the same time, whats wrong with that?

You are obviously responsible enough to realise that your float rod may become a problem if you got a take on the carping gear, but you have overcome that with fishing with a friend.

I often have 3 carp rods and a float rod out at the same time if the rules allow.

What would the bloke in the next swim do if he gets 2 takes at the same time and on his own? (happened to me but i was not alone and both were landed)

I hope you told him to mind his business..

Whats the difference between fishing two float rods, a float and a ledger or two ledgers etc etc.

NONE

Most float anglers where I fish put out a ledger with a big bait on it in the hope of a big carp or tench.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

quote:

I was doing a bit of float fishing and catching some nice bream up to 4lb

Probably just jealous you were having a bit of action.

Ditto C40’s thoughts - Also, in reality, it’s no different to having a carp rod out and having a floater fishing rod out too.

Edited to add: Congratulations on the common, bet you were well chuffed.

[ 27. September 2005, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Julian ]

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

mc_mrbishi:

...when a fellow carp angler in the swim next to me, decided he didnt like the idea that i was float fishing and told me it was irresponsible to be float fishing while my carp rods where in the water...

Next time tell him to 'Jog on'!

Congratulations on the PB by the way! Was that on the float rod or carp rod? :D

quote:

I was doing a bit of float fishing and catching some nice bream upto 4lb on it when a fellow carp angler in the swim next to me, decided he didnt like the idea that i was float fishing and told me it was irresponsible to be float fishing while my carp rods where in the water, as i wasnt paying attention to them and could cause the fish more stress if i hooked one

Was that after he`d woken up, got out the bivvy and made a mug of tea?????? :rolleyes:

The words I would use are unrepeatable on the forum but I would definitely have told him to go away. Anyway, he was out of his swim when he came round to moan at you so can hardly preach ethics......

wolf.gif

hi mc mrbishi

you always get the moaner like that on lakes

and i think you done nothing wrong atall and keep it up because i always put 2 rods out in the day and have a float for carp to keep me occupied while having a long wait for buzzers and if im night fishing at night i bring float in and put all 3 buzzers out for the night

j.green