right or wrong?

mc_mrbishi

Every lake has a 'Moaner', a 'Mallet Man', a 'Got-the-gear-but-no-idea', a 'Jobs-worth Bailiff', a 'Carping Chav' and a 'Noddy Carp-Hater'. Comes with the territory I'm affraid! :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long duz it take for you to wind in (presuming your silver bashing in the margin) dump the rod and hit the run on the alarm? and how long duz it take to get out the sleepingbag wak on ya head lamp, turn it on and unzip the bivy (the bivvy we ar told should be well back?) and get onto the rod!

carping is full of so much hipocrasy!

i would of told him he obviously has learning dificulties, and to go fu... erm make luve to him self!

or words to that affect!

its usualy noddys that have all the gear and no idea that give it this as they ar gleaning all ther knowledge out of the mags and have just a few months carping under ther belt!

u wernt doing anything wrong as far as i can see!

as long as u wernt disturbing anybodys fishing and u wre within 10 or so feet of the pod!

Thanks all i will keep an eye out for him in the future and go and moan at him when he is in his bivvy or reading his mag for not paying full attention to his carp rod :D:D

But i will make sure my carp rods are out of the water when i go over

mc_mrbishi:

But i will make sure my carp rods are out of the water when i go over    

Dunno about you but dang me if I'd let some idiot mess with my fishing time and taking your rods out of the water does cut into the time you are trying to catch.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There is one question I would like an answer to which all could use as a tip.

Do you take a match style landing net with you as well as your carp net?

I hate seeing carpers dragging in other species and landing by hand (IE the fishes head is pulled out of the water) instead of getting their carp landing net wet.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

if im silver bashing most of the fish ar small enuff to just be lifted out! if i run into the odd tench or bream then ill yous my landing net!

tho a 40in net is a bit exsesive for a 1lb bream, it dosnt bother me! if u have to yous it u have to yous it!and im not going to take two nets just becouse my carp one is a bit big!

i mean do many match men take a 4oin net just incase they hit a mid double carp! wot do they do! this happens at matches every weekend?

p,s RUDD wots the prob with getting the carp net wet! ill sulk for days if i dont!

the faintest smell of fish mucus on the way home just reminds me that i didnt blank totaly!

If someone has a go at you for doing this then just show him/her your rod licence and point out the part that says you're allowed to fish with 2 rods!

And also let the person know that what you do with those 2 rods is none of his/her's sodding business! (within reason, obviously...)

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who had a go at you thought you were 'unsettling' the fish (he may have been margin fishing?) and didn't like the sight and sound of little fish splashing about near by?

There's no need to get into fights or arguments with people but sometimes it seems as though some people are looking for trouble!

Just explain to him that you often do this and that no one else has ever had a problem with it. And that you've never got into difficulty either.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.