right or wrong?

mc_mrbishi

geffaz

When I match fish I take two nets, the 2nd being big enough to land a 20lb carp.

If you want to land small fish in your carp net thats up to you.

I just find it easier to use a match type net, especialy in the middle of the night.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem rudd! good for you!

back to the original point i dont bother silver bashing at night as its to much hassle if i have 2 out on the pod! im generaly in the bivvy with a good book!

geffaz:

no problem rudd! good for you!

back to the original point i dont bother silver bashing at night as its to much hassle if i have 2 out on the pod! im generaly in the bivvy with a good book!

Thats Ok.

I have had roach, tench, rudd, crucians, bream, skimmers, chub and barbel on my carp gear this year at night as I fish a mixed fishery.

I just find it easier to land them in a match net.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

lol just wot u need a skimmer at 3 in the morning!lol, i just luv that! ;-] maybe a 20m snowmen might sort it out! tho ive had a few bream on this set up! ;-[

common 40! yeah its happend mate! i rigged it up to get through the bream on a overnighter! and the snotty turned up in the early hours!

thought it must be a carp, so when i hit it i panicked and thought it was swimming towards me!

only to eventualy put my hed lamp on wondering wot the F*** was going on only to find id water skied a bream for a hundred yrds!

only thing i can think of was in the frenzy to get at the particles it had snatched at the hook!

a fowl if u like but one placed perfectly in the bottom lip!

nightmare!

• 2 weeks later...

What you were doing is no more irresponsible than any multi rod set up. If the no-it-all had two runs at the same time on his legers it would have been exactly the same wouldn't it? Do what I do mate, one carp rod out on the deck with a bite alarm and a fly rod with a hedgehog fly on the top (connected to me - no technology at all) surface fishing. That gets all sorts giving me advice. I still catch a lot of carp and they don't get hurt. Incidentally, the fly rod approach wins by a ratio of 10:1 at my local water - bigger fish too!