Time to say hello

Guest Bill Dingley

Guest Bill Dingley

Hi Elton and Everyone and Elton thanks for the welcoming Email. Having read and enjoyed all the carp chat for the past couple of weeks, I thought it time to introduce mysef. Name is Bill, 66 years old,born in London but have lived in Lancashire since 1979. Caught my first carp in 1952 and have been a carp fanatic ever since. Spent a lot of time fishing in Oxford last year, plenty of fish, biggest 24+. Hope to be going again in about 10 days for a 2 week session. Will let you know if there are any results (apart from blanking) that is. Good luck to you all. Bill

Welcome, Bill.

Careful with all this talk about two week sessions....you'll be getting some of us a bit jealous! My licence (the one from the wife, not the EA) states that I'm allowed a maximum of three days wink.gif

Hope you enjoy contributing to the forum - you sound like just the kind of person this new one was set up for.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Hi Bill. Glad to have you joining us. Always nice to have one more who is older than I. biggrin.gif

And I am really in awe of you folks who do the long session thing.

Guest scoobs11

hi bill ,

i'm from cumbria my self but fish lancashire waters quite a bit so i may see / have seen you around. (mainly wigan waters)

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest Martin Salisbury

Hi Bill,

Welcome to AN

See your from Mawdesley, that's not far from me in rough old Leyland.

Where do you go carping round here? Are you close to any of them 'massive' rolleyes.gif lakes round eccleston and mawdesley?

Martin

Guest Bill Dingley

Thanks for all the replies to my Hello. Thought I had better reply to some of your comments before the list gets too long. The only comment that bothers me is Scoobs saying he might have seen me in the past. This is because I was going to tell you I was good looking and now I can't. I too used to fish the Wigan waters Scoob, mainly Heapey Lodges and Fan Lodge but never with a great deal of success. To Newt I must say, don't ever be in awe of session anglers. Most of us are on the idle side and only stay for long sessions because we can't be bothered to pack up and go home. Also we don't have to wash if we don't want to. Personally I think the smell of soap and after shave puts the carp off (thats my excuse anyway). To Elton I must say that your guvnor may be more amenable to more than 3 day sessions if you take her with you. Thats what I do now and I don't get the grief that I did for many years. Besides, I have found that with proper and very patient training and tuition they can be very useful for mixing ground bait, cooking, making tea, pulling wellies off, waking one up from a light snooze when the alarm goes or the bailiff is coming round etc etc. Yes Martin I have fished all of the big lakes in this area and know all the fish in Bluestone by name. I have trodden the banks down so much over the years that I can rightly claim to have helped dig most of them. Enough of my waffle for this time. I apologize for the lack of paragraph spacing but I don't know how to do it and every time I fiddle around with the keyboard this sexy voice comes on saying "you have email". Tight Lines. Bill.

Originally posted by Bill Dingley:

I apologize for the lack of paragraph spacing but I don't know how to do it and every time I fiddle around with the keyboard this sexy voice comes on saying "you have email".

Simple really Bill. I feel that as one of the resident computer gurus I should let you in on the technique.

1. Hold down the backspace key with your tongue.

2. Hold down the F1, F4,

F8, F9, F12 keys (fingers are fine for this)

3. Press the space bar rapidly 4 times with your chin,

Nothing to it really. biggrin.gif

If the above does not work well for you, then pressing the ENTER key 2 times should accomplish pretty much the same thing. Just not nearly as much fun.

How do you put up with that silly "You have mail" thing? It would make me crazy quickly.

My wife has hers set to make a sound like a ringing telephone when she gets new mail and that is bad enough. eek.gif