Boilies-If you could only choose 2 varieties

rabster

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok rabs

like you already know my no1 is the assassin KILLER BAIT. As for no2 depending on fresh or shelf life FROZEN ( toffee grange) SHELF (esterberry+VDEyne strawberry fish pellets) catches every time as you have witnessed on more than one occasion 18lb'er under the bush (supa fish)

dazler:

ok rabs

like you already know my no1 is the assassin KILLER BAIT. As for no2 depending on fresh or shelf life FROZEN ( toffee grange) SHELF (esterberry+VDEyne strawberry fish pellets) catches every time as you have witnessed on more than one occasion 18lb'er under the bush (supa fish)

Staking my house on you choosing assassin would've been safe Dazzler.

As for the esterberry, damn fine bait I agree, but, was it the flavour, or would any small red boilies have achieved the same result fished under a bush shedding red berries??

On similar lines i've just bought some hemp boilies (I'm not too good on sizes, but the little ones) which I'm planning on fishing over some hemp this weekend - so fingers crossed.

T_Bone, thanks for the feedback.

But - Why do you pick them over all the others out there?

I ask because I'm relatively new to fishing with boilies, so am trying to find out what works for others & why etc. When I ask my fishing pals what to use they just keep saying assassin, I think they must be hit men or something. :cool:

I'm keeping my two choices up my sleeve for now.

Limited to two I would have to say a simple trout pellet boilly and secondly a simple trout pellet boilly! Great fished over pellet and can catch in most waters.Even after all these years!

They are also cheap to make,easy to roll and because they are best fished over pellet you dont have to roll thousands.Properly air dried and stored they can last several years.

[ 03. March 2005, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Boring reply I'm afraid, but my two would be:-

Richworth tutti frutti (freezer)

Hutchi seafoodblend (homemade but now no longer available)

Closely following would be a home-made HNV boilie incorporating Richworth blue cheese flavour, and Mainline's Grange.

I agree about trout pellets, Budgie (as bait, NOT for mass baiting) - had my first carp on them in 1975. But I prefer them as a stiff paste.

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'