anglers paradise in devon ( help )

j green

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info again chesh

i will definatly by some spod there aswell and spod up before i fish and i will find the stream and the dam and hopefully i will be back nextweek telling everyone about the fish ive caught

j.green

tench lake = groundbait and worms ! would probably stay off the corn as they see tons of it ! you might just nail into some pukka blue orfe too :D you dont need to fish very far out either which is a bonus!

As for the koi lake, then mixers and stalking! doesnt matter what weather sun or rain they will ave them off the top absolutely anywhere !

As for bait, then take as much as you can down with you. there is a small shop that sells g/bait, worms, maggots hemp, corn, meat , boilies ! and even the new Paradise Boilies

my adive though is stick with what you know its boudn to catch down there !

Also if your on the beginners carp lake, fish right under your feet. dont worry about fishing to the island on there, bait two swims either side of your feet (usually by the reeds etc..) small float and meat or worms and bit of hemp or pellet ! my very first visit to AP resulted in roughly 350lb of carp to 7lb in a day ! was absolutely shattered but incredibly good fun!

Butcherboy was that fish taken from the left point or right point? it looks like the right point with all them bushes behind you.

Another little tip for you, if you get on the swims under the 5C hut the right hand swim this is, over by the right hand side of the island is a dead reed bed that is still there. Frank Warwick always fishes this swim and took the mighty Centurion a few years ago at i think 36lb from this very swim (sadly centurian has passed on but was a huge big common)

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

that beginners carp lake is amazing best fishing ive ever had! just floatfished in margins, and i could see the fish scoffing the bait round the hook bait. must of had bout 40 carp all between 2 and 7 pound just couldnt stop getin them on paste. also took some nice tench to about 3 pound. i wish i was goin anglers paradise this year but unfortunatly i was not invited by the people who took me for the last 3 years due to change in circumstances :(. if you try out mussels only buy the most orange ones and hook them through the white circle on there body which is fairly hard or open them up at the flaps and hook them through this black thing they have which i think is there heart. use a size 10 or 12 hook, and feed hemp. using this method i caught tench all day on the tench lake when others blanked! :D:D