Julian

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:55 PM

Nice info Rich; I'm tempted myself now!! Just have to convince her indoors
Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

#22 Jackcatcher

Jackcatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Woodworking

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info chesh - it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jess

#23 j green

j green

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:27 AM

thanks for the info again chesh

i will definatly by some spod there aswell and spod up before i fish and i will find the stream and the dam and hopefully i will be back nextweek telling everyone about the fish ive caught
j.green

#24 Butcherboy

Butcherboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Fishing

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

Posted Image

Not the best of pictures.
My dad with a 23lb, from the point swim. Casting to showing fish in open water.
We had a great weeks holiday there and would go again.

#25 fishaholic2005

fishaholic2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

Hi
Has anyone got any advice on what sort of baits to use on the koi and tench lake at anglers paradise as i am going to anglers paradise next june for the first time.

Thanks
Sam
S.Gardener

#26 piker/carper

piker/carper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:fishing, girls, mates, drinkin,and fun.

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

i hammered the tench lake on mussels from tesco and worms i float fished a mussel over a large bed of hemp and picked up loads of golden tench around 3 to 4 pound. on the koi lake dog biscuits were good.

#27 fishaholic2005

fishaholic2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

Hi
Thanks for the information i will have to get some mussels also is there a tackle shop on site at anglers paradise if not where is the nearest one.

Thanks
Sam
S.Gardener

#28 Chesh

Chesh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, fishing, fishing, Birmingham City FC

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:39 AM

tench lake = groundbait and worms ! would probably stay off the corn as they see tons of it ! you might just nail into some pukka blue orfe too :D you dont need to fish very far out either which is a bonus!

As for the koi lake, then mixers and stalking! doesnt matter what weather sun or rain they will ave them off the top absolutely anywhere !

As for bait, then take as much as you can down with you. there is a small shop that sells g/bait, worms, maggots hemp, corn, meat , boilies ! and even the new Paradise Boilies
my adive though is stick with what you know its boudn to catch down there !

Also if your on the beginners carp lake, fish right under your feet. dont worry about fishing to the island on there, bait two swims either side of your feet (usually by the reeds etc..) small float and meat or worms and bit of hemp or pellet ! my very first visit to AP resulted in roughly 350lb of carp to 7lb in a day ! was absolutely shattered but incredibly good fun!

Butcherboy was that fish taken from the left point or right point? it looks like the right point with all them bushes behind you.

Another little tip for you, if you get on the swims under the 5C hut the right hand swim this is, over by the right hand side of the island is a dead reed bed that is still there. Frank Warwick always fishes this swim and took the mighty Centurion a few years ago at i think 36lb from this very swim (sadly centurian has passed on but was a huge big common)
www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

#29 fishaholic2005

fishaholic2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the advise chesh

And i was just wondering does anyone knoe what is in the mystery lake because on the website it doesnt tell you.

Thanks
Sam
S.Gardener

#30 piker/carper

piker/carper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:fishing, girls, mates, drinkin,and fun.

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:53 PM

that beginners carp lake is amazing best fishing ive ever had! just floatfished in margins, and i could see the fish scoffing the bait round the hook bait. must of had bout 40 carp all between 2 and 7 pound just couldnt stop getin them on paste. also took some nice tench to about 3 pound. i wish i was goin anglers paradise this year but unfortunatly i was not invited by the people who took me for the last 3 years due to change in circumstances :(. if you try out mussels only buy the most orange ones and hook them through the white circle on there body which is fairly hard or open them up at the flaps and hook them through this black thing they have which i think is there heart. use a size 10 or 12 hook, and feed hemp. using this method i caught tench all day on the tench lake when others blanked! :D :D