anglers paradise in devon ( help )

j green

in either anglers mail or anglers times i noticed there was an article about places to fish before you die. guess what? anglers paradise wasent in it, and white acres was. so it must be recognised now that fishing at anglers p is not as good any more. bet zyg was well pleased :D:D:D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone

i saw jackcatcher there and its jon green and i think i had a disapointing week with only 5 fish all double figues to 13 pound but they were all on the easy acceses lake on the last day because untill then i only had one on the occtupussy lake and personaly i would fish the easy accesses lake for most of the week because you can pull out lots of doubles and could get a big catfish or carp and you should use halibut boilies with about 5 boilies around it out in the middle and you will catch loads

j.green

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to go some where and catch loads of fish.. and I mean loads, go to Stafford Moor. The accomodation is superb(not cheap). The fishing is outrageous. Both worlds, specimen and match lakes. I had fish every put in on the match lakes,and they go to mid doubles in those lakes which is brilliant on a match rod,I also had four fish out of the specimen lake (to 21lb), but it was more fun on the others lakes, it really is a fab place. No competing for swims or any of that nonsence, in fact almost get the lakes to yourself in the week.

hi fishaholic

you will have a good time there because i would go back but i would definatly go on the easy accsess lake and octopussy lake and maybe try the specy lake

if someone on there says the easy accsess lake is fishing bad dont listen because someone told us that and we dident fish it and every day we went past the lake people were catching so fish the easy lake

j.green

I recently went down to Anglers Paradise and was really disapointed with the fishing. The exceptions being Easy Access & Tench Lake. The Main Carp lake could be so much better its a lovely looking lake but doesn't appear to be well stocked. Loads of small orfe and some Carp which didnt look in very good nick. Some of the lakes seem to be there to make up the numbers if there was say six to eight well stocked mixed and speccy lakes that were given the right attention I think the quality of the fishing would improve out of sight. I regularly fish Willow Park and other Commercial fisheries and on balance would rather stay in B&B's near to some great fisheries rather than go to AP.

Also the Koi lake, which you pay extra for is like fishing at a fish farm. You cant get through the small fish and we had to revert to stalking. No evidence of any biggies. Like others say I wonder if the have been cashed in!

The Tench Lake is brilliant we had a few really good days catching big Blue/Golden Orfe to 5lb and Tench to 4lb. Another thing I didnt like was the absence of any good old Green Tench on the whole fishery I would have expected these in the speccy Tench & Orfe lake (understand this may be to do with inter breeding). Would also like to have seen some Crucians.

Easy Access seemed to be the most popular lake on the fishery with Carp & Pleasure Anglers reporting good catches.

I would be interested to here anyones thoughts on this.