anglers paradise in devon ( help )

j green

hi fishaholic 2005

the best swims are the swim called the point swim you cast rom it to the right onto a big set of pads(realy big pads) and across to island and also there is to pagodas on there and at the end of the lefy pagoda theres a swim that you can cast onto the island and at the dam wall end of the lske were all the rushes are theres a swim were if your looking out from it about 6 feet to the right there an island that runs straight out along the side of the swim were you fish on and if you ask the man who works in the anglers paradise shop he will tell you were theres a river that runs through it under water which you fish from

j.green

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hi fishaholic

if you want to ask any thing else then do so

i have just read through this thread with immense surprise :( granted we all want to go on holidya and catch a few fish but surely you all didnt think you were goign to bag up with 20lb carp 20lb cats 5lb tench and orfe etc..

guys come on be real? i can only assume you all know abit about angling, you can all catch fish etc.. granted! but fully expecting to go and haul before even getting there and actually knowing what your going to catch and how big its going to weigh prior to casting? guys and gals pleeeeeeeeease get serious :mellow:

if zyg didnt get it right with his stocks of fish, they how can you explain the expansion thats taken place? why is he literally booked full from March to October? all fisheries no matter how big or small will advertise big fish - whiteacres and their 50lb cats, Waveney and their impressive big commons, but how many times do these big fish actualy get caught? (unless they are Mug Fish) Zyg has got the holiday complex working like clockwork, not because of his wine, or because of his exentric lifestyle, why ? because holiday makers can go there relax, catch a few fish and soak up the Devon atmosphere. He even states in his brochure "the big fish can be difficult" you tell me a venue where big fish arent difficult? where you would class a big fish water a "runs water" i hazard a guess at you cant!

It doesnt matter what water you fish there will be periods when the fish just simply arent having it, it happens all round the country (as you are all probably aware), so expecting a holiday venue to be always on the go with fish being caught every day at 25lb is totally far from it, white acres is probably exactly the same. it will produce fish and then it will go quiet. i think i hit the nail on the head its a HOLIDAY venue! what more do you want from a holiday? 15 fish all over 25lb in one day on the float fished in the margins?

is it all about numbers and PB's or just about catching a fish? gotta ask yourself why you want to go to a holiday venue if all you are interested in is upping your PB, and getting a mug shot in the angling press (dont get me going on the angling press)

i think its easy to say that i still hold a torch for Anglers Paradise, i regularly speak to the 5C's guys who continue to catch copious amounts of carp. and they are not unapproachable should they be fishing, they will more than likely invite you to fish next to them if they are on the fish :D

anyway i think i better be quiet, there will be opinions differing from mine and i fully expect that, however can you cater for all eventualities in fishing? will leave it with you............

as for swims etc.. i can tell you which ones are the best, but you dont always catch the fish from the best swims do you? i can vouch for that on the main lake, spessi lake, easy access, koi and octopussy

good evening to you all..........

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk