Which mainline?

Polly

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GR60 for me aswell :D although i do like the look of the GR80 as well :D always nice

ESP hasnt done me very proud hence the change away from it, very prone to kinks which is naff for presentation

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

sensor seems to have gone down in quality as the last few spools i have had have had a TEDENCY TO TWIST AND FRAY much more than before but for £8 just respool and respool and as a parting shot if you fish less than 2oo yards why put more on build up your spoolls with old sensor then its a five minute job to change hope this helps

Tony U:

Mind you I've often thought about using 6500 size multipliers for Carp fishing, someone must have tried it.

I use them or on occasion my 7000s. Spooled with PowerPro though rather than any sort of mono mainline.

It has gotten so that I just can't get on well fishing with reels designed like the wife's gadget for beating eggs. Multipliers rule. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Having read all the posts reference mainline I am convinced that I have done the right thing in using braid for the last 10 years.Bite indication is far superior.It's also handy if you need an extra few metres on the cast.Most importantly it is wonderful when playing a fish.Especially on smaller test curve rods.You can feel every twist and turn of the fish.Every shake of it's head.Wonderful.It's what playing fish is all about.Can't see me ever using mono mainline (regardless of who mnufactures it)again.This of course is only a personal preference