Home Made Bite Indicators

Ziffy

does anyone make their own indicators?

i have found the perfect bobbin, a nail varnish pot lid. they are light enough, and only take a matter of minutes to prepair.

in a week or so i will be able to tell ya if they actually work, depending on whether i catch obviously

Ziffy:

does anyone make their own indicators?

I remember my first ever bite indicator, never had any money for a proper one. ran a hot knitting needle through a plastic camera film container, put some shot in the container, shoved the head of the needle into the ground, put the container on the needle and the line under the container. Could adjust the weight in the container to suite the wind conditions. Lost the first one when it flew into the water so tied a bit of line onto the next one :D

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Washing-up bottle tops, marvellous :)

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

BUDGIE:

Ziffy,not as good as proper kit? take a look at these-

fishingmagic.com/news/article.a...SP=&v=1&UAN=712

fishingmagic.com/news/article.a...SP=&v=1&UAN=436

missed them on that site :rolleyes: wish i'd spotted them earlier

Koi Carp:

I have never needed an indicator. A good rig with bolt effect does all the work. When my reel spins backwards i know i have a fish on.

A lot of the time this will work. However, sometimes a hittable bite is just a single bleep. Ignore it and the fish may well have got away. By no means all fish hook themselves, even with bolt rigs.

Most of all, you need an indicator to show dropback bites. With these the line will fall slack rather than the reel spinning. A properly set indicator will show these. It will also mean that you can interpret the bites more fully, and as a result it may suggest a change of tail length or even a change of rig.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net