Record Carp!

Elton

quote:

I wonder how many times that Two-Tone has been caught in its whole lifetime.

Is it true that some carp will more or less present themselves up to get caught as they know they'll get a good feed? That being the case it's no wonder they're reaching those weights.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

Terry me ol mucka watch ya self or Gaffer will do some of his hong kong fuey stuff on ya ass [/QB]

No sweat, mush - for I am Tai-Kwon-Doe, the master of the Romany fighting art of Pi-Kee.

There's no combat involved - I'll just camp in Gaffer's garden until he gives in.

Failing that, it's 'Enter The Hedgehog' time, which is every bit as painful as it sounds.

Gaffer-san, you have been warned.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Troggie.

Funny that as we all know carp have names this one is called Hippocarpus.

But a mate has one even bigger about 82lbs again hand feed started years ago by his dad now its down to him.

We are just checking the correct rules of engagement on catching and claiming the record.

That should put an end to all the 60lbish stuff.

No long waiting just in bank and out record sorted in 10 mins flat.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

I have really enjoyed this thread and my good lady asked me what I was chuckling at. Great stuff fellers and I hope there is more to come (your turn I think Gaffer)

As I am 6ft 2 1/2 and weigh nineteen stone I didn't think I had to be scared of anyone on this net but Pi-Kee, that is something else and I always treat exponents of this deadly art with the utmost respect.

Oh, by the way, well done Lee Jackson. That was the original thread wasn't it??? Unless anyone who does Pi-Kee tells me different of course.

Tight Lines

Bill

Ahhhhsole Terry san so the ancient (very ancient in your case) art of Pi-Kee is still strong!!

Gaffer if i were ever to give you a sound piece of advice it would be this, when the master of Pi-Kee arrives concede the fight imediatly for unless i am mistaken "enter the hedge hog" is also known as "spikeeee ass cleaner" & from the pics i have seen it does not look comfortable.

Now who's next......

Oh yes Bill Dangley(bits)

Who said you could join in eh?? you wanna be careful mate cos you never know when you'll meet a Trogg on the bank mate (we don't all live under bridges) :P

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Peter Sharpe:

Although in theory, the use of an apostrophe in DVD's is erroneous, being what is commonly known as a "grocer's apostrophe".

Ah, sugar, and I kept thinking that those shop-keepers had it all wrong with "potatoe's", "caullie's" and "swede's".

Bless 'em. :D

Alan

Golf-course carp? Can't be around here. Known golfers get horse's head on the doorstep treatment in this neck of the woods, and rightly so.

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Gawd elp me,

Bruno

I was talking about Aqualate mere (as in Aqualate golf club at Newport)

A fella i was talking to (looks like Des Taylor except he's a ginger nut) reckons there's a 65lb+ mirror in Aqualate.

From what he said it was caught when some bailiffs did a netting session, they never released the info because they didn't want the "circus" coming to town.

I was hoping you might know for sure if its true or not :confused: ?

BTW

are you sure the ' is in the right place on horse's only asking cos Terry might be watching

[ 31. August 2002, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: ALAN FAWCETT ]

TROGG (Alan)

quote:

Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

are you sure the ' is in the right place on horse's only asking cos Terry might be watching [/QB]

Don't worry your Trogship, I'd already run it past the apostrophe police, and, as always, the good doctor's use of punctuation is spot-on.

In fact, he's so good that he's due for a rebate on his syntax.

I, of course, have the permanent excuse of 'Oh zorry Zur, ony' I's jes a ol' Gypsy-boy, Zur. Raised on a turnip, I wuz, wid no book-learnin', Zur.' :cool:

Works every time, mush.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I'm not in the least worried about meeting a TROGG on the bank, i've used plenty of em for bait. However if I happened to meet a TROGG that was versed in the ancient art of Pi=Kee I would probably address him as Sir. No not probably, definitely.

Here you go lads

I "borrowed" this from the Maggotdrowners forums (original photo By Tony)

lees_record_1.jpg

Ain't it an ugly critter??

(nice fish though) :D

TROGG (Alan)