Nash Outlaw Hurricane

rabster

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was planning on scrounging some of yours."

Why am I not surprised. You could do your own feature called "Carp fishing on a budget... Someone elses."

As for coasting I have you know under this calm exterior hides one of the meanest carp anglers I know. Shame I don't see him that often.

Hi Dazler

Yes but I am not convinced of its effectiveness as a cold water bait. I think I will use something like tutti fruiti until the water begins to warn up but start trickling the odd bit in to get the bait going again. Source is the one to watch though and has the advantage of being an all year round bait.

Have you Christenned your baitboat yet? How about Bismark or Belgrano or Titanic?

my lucks bad enough already dont doom my boat! lets see how long it takes to get a bite of the regulers up there? As for the ass have to check the notes about it in the cold.Dont forget the esterbery little gems them baby's

Certainly a thought, but dont you find the 10mm esterberry comes into their own in late summer when the rowan berrys etc are out? (Oh it seems so far away.) You try esterberry and I'll try tutti and we'll compare in a couple of weeks.

OK, so my bivvy/shelter thingamyjig has turned up today (very quick service :) )

1st impression, in it's holdall, it's way bigger than I expected, I've never owned a bivvy etc before, but was hoping when rolled up it was going to be about 3 foot tall & 6 inches in diamater, but it's more like 4'6" by about 8 or 9 inches in diameter, which was a surprise to me (when I go fishing I work on the basis that if I can't carry it, I'm not taking it, no trolleys & such like) I suppose by comparison the brolly I've been using weighs more, but is smaller when collapsed.

Next thing that was apparent, there are no instructions on how to put the damn thing up, having never done one before that is a problem.

Me & the missus have had a go at putting it up in the lounge (oo'eer missus ) How we didn't put one of them poles through the telly screen I'll never know. After some all-in wrestling we got the approx shape, but decided it would be easier to erect on the bank (Dazzler, what time are you in work tomorrow???)

Some other observations, it came with a groundsheet, which I didn't expect (various websites show the groundsheet at £40quid extra) it also came with a repair kit, seam sealer etc & some fairly basic bivvy pegs (I've made some big holes in the lounge carpet knocking them in)

Overall, the bivvy looks good value for £60.00, but I wish I knew how big it was gonna be when collapsed before buying it, I'd checked out the weight, but not the dimensions.

Looks like I've got something else to carry to my swim, I'll maybe have to leave some of my food provisions behind!

Take you missus with you then she can carry half, at least that's the theory.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

quote:

Is it just me or does it look a lot like the stalker bivvy from fox

Tis a cheaper coppy of the Titan Viper matey

And i have the original Hurricane, without the front pannel, and it is superb! i use it a lot. and i must say the new outlaw named one lookes still brilliant quality, if you get it now i am sure the quality will be slightly better than it wil be in a few yrs time, as all Nash gear seams to decrease in quality of production products after a few years,

Take the Titan Viper for instance, all ones pre 98 where abslotly stunning! now there are stories of the falling aparnt and all sorts, just like the Combat TT they made,

Ah well. nice one matey go for it, also Bromages tackle is also a great place to buy the outlaw biv from

www.bromages.co.uk :P:)