Bank Holiday weekend - Anyone caught owt??

rabster

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a couple of pictures on my phone but as it's new I don't have a cable to sync it with the PC yet.

Result was 5 carp up to 7lb, 2 tench that were about a 1lb each, 3 quality roach to just under a lb and a small skimmer.

James

I was using bread and corn on my float rod, the bread accounted for 3 carp, the tench, the roach and the skimmer. On my leger setup I used a trigga ice boilie and a piece of fake corn together - this worked for me at another commerical as well so I might be onto something The idea being it makes it nuetral buoyancy, the boilie gives off the attractors and the corn something visual. When I start on my new club lakes in June it will be interesting to see what happens, I may try worm and fake corn together as well :)

James

Did 24 hr session @ Earith Carp lakes with three mates from work. I managed two commons @ 12lbs 12oz & 11lbs 14oz but got whipped by two of my mates who each had 5 carp a-piece (plus 2 bream and a tench). Biggest fish went spot on 16lbs. Other mate failed to catch and cleared off before night fall.

Never mind the fish, what about the storm, sensational or what? anyone else from round here (Cambs)get to see it?

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.