pike on carp baits

Guest develish_dean

Originally posted by bushwacker:

hiya everyone, I`ve never had one take a boillie but have had one attack a marker float that had been in the same spot ,stationary for over an hour. That surprised me a bit.

You have hit on a great way to fish a surface plug for pike - if one has the patience for it. Toss lure out to a likely spot. Do absolutely nothing for at least 10 minutes. Give the plug a small twitch - it should stay in the same place and just wiggle the tiniest bit. Wait. Twitch.

Very often after a while doing this, a pred will absolutely smash the plug. My theory is that it finally irritates them beyond reason. biggrin.gif

Guest Fly on the wall

Floater fishing for Pike!

A friend of mine had a Pike take his Chum Mixer in 14' of water eek.gif

He tried to kid us that it was Pike he was after...naa, don't think so. rolleyes.gif