What makes a session ?

Guest RobStubbs

Guest RobStubbs

Sorry I couldn't think of a better first topic but my question is what constitutes a session to you ?

For me it's a couple of days or more. I rarely fish longer than that in the UK but I can happily do a week abroard.

So what about you ?

Rob.

Nowadays I very very rarely do more than 48hours in one go, used to do a whole week at the beginning of the season in the days when we had closed seasons on lakes.

Hi Rob, for me a session is anything longer than fishing dawn 'til dusk that also involves sleeping under cover, be that a Bivvy or Brolly.

However, I've heard full time Carp anglers calling a solid 3 month stint on one water a session! eek.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest Steve Burke

The most I've done is 3 days & 2 nights, totalling about 60 hours. However, although I sleep on the bank I don't have my rods out during the night. The rods also come in for a break of about an hour each lunchtime to chat to members and have a shower.

So does that count as one long session or three 16 hour ones?

Do any of you long session anglers bring your rods in for a break for any reason and if so what?

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

good evening gents.

how long is a session???, well i expect that it is different for every one.

on a purly personal level the longest session i have had was 2 months solid on the bank, with out a break. Now i do mainly a week at a time.

and before anyone makes any cracks, my wife also come's with me at all times.

Guest Alan Taylor
.[/b]

For me a session is any time I go fishing.

I can imagine telling Sonja that I am going for a session down the pub and turn up a week later at home.

I hope the advice, information etc regarding carp fishing (even if its just an hour on the way home)will still be available on here or the coarse section.

I learnt so much from the coarse section.

Welcome to AN Nobby.

Have a good one Elton.

Rob, your topic is a good one for me as I was confused as to wether I was an angler, a carp angler, session carp angler etc or just an ordinary guy that likes to go carp fishing.

Alan(nl)

------------------

ANMC Founder Member. Support Anglers Net & reap the benefits, join ANMC today.

Hi all, I think one thing is becoming very clear in that everyones idea of a session is different.

At the end of the day we are all brothers of angle prepared to help and be helped by fellow brothers. wink.gif

Forum catagories are just that, catagories, not boundaries. wink.gif

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

Guest mpbdsnu

I also feel a session in fishing terms is anyhing longer than dawn till dusk!

Even just doing an overnighter, generally speaking, will constitute at least 18 hours - its not very often through the year that one is able to fish for 18 hours in daylight!

Guest RobStubbs

Steve,

In answer to your question I generally bring the rods in for an hour or two early afternoon, for a walkabout. Unless of course the fish are active in which case I don't bother.

Rob.

one session for two weeks on cassein, two sessions on the ebro for a month each time catfishing.usualy a week at a time though.tired thinking about all the long session i have done in my life,from 14 years old to 39, i have done over 300 week sessions home and abroad.or more i cant remember.