Two hook rigs.

Guest Leigh R

Guest chesters1

noted ,but i have caught pike with its "scissors" cut through probably the effect of thin wire traces "sawing" motion .nylon coated " in my view " is better as the diameter of the wire is then larger .if you run the 60lb nylon between your fingers you can feel any fraying and then replace it.at least with one hook the pike can throw it easier than trebles? but nylon coated is not allowed where i go

Guest **sam**

i read the initail post with horror!! double hooklink rigs for carp are banned on RMC waters and *must* be banned by other clubs. we retrieved one such rig from a snag during the summer, which prompted the rig checks on kingsmead 1.

the comparison to a pike rig with 2 trebles is not a reason to consider them either. the trebles are on the same trace, *not* 2 seperate traces. i use single trebles for fear of the flying treble, but thats personal choice.

i saw a rig published in the papers earlier in the year describing a double hooklink rig for tench. bad angling? i think so.

double hooklinks? ban them!

**sam**

Guest Leigh R

I was the person who posted the original query about 2 hook rigs. I am very glad that i did as benefiting from the experience and wisdom of those who replied has now of course given me the knowledge required to never fish this kind of rig.

Sam,I understand your expression of horror, but thank god we have a forum here where beginners such as myself can learn without even visiting the water.

I thank you for all of your comments.

------------------

Leigh