leadcore

Guest **sam**

check out ian gilmours piece in the latest carpworld,explains the problums well.tim paisley seems to agree with him although for different reasons.still won him the letter of the month prize.cheers big al

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Reel Deal

Am I wrong in thinking that Leadcore HAS to be used in conjunction with backleads or slack line margin fishing?

If keeping a direct, tight line to the lead, surely this defeats the purpose of using leadcore/lead tubing. It seems that most people fishing at any distance beyond 20-30yds seem to keep a tight line to rig, thus defeating any purpose of keeping a line pinned down.

Originally posted by The Reel Deal:

Am I wrong in thinking that Leadcore HAS to be used in conjunction with backleads or slack line margin fishing?

If keeping a direct, tight line to the lead, surely this defeats the purpose of using leadcore/lead tubing. It seems that most people fishing at any distance beyond 20-30yds seem to keep a tight line to rig, thus defeating any purpose of keeping a line pinned down.

Hi Reel Deal, IMO leadcore is best used at close to medium range with slack line, but no two waters or even swims are the same.

On one particular water that I fish the fish are sooooo line shy it's unreal, so I backlead aswell as use leadcore to be sure to get the mainline pinned to the lakebed.

I know of anglers that use over 10 backleads per rod to be sure that the mainline is pinned to the lakebed! eek.gif

Also, you'd be suprised how tight the line has to be to lift a significant amount of the leadcore from the lake bed.

With a tight line only the fist few inches of the leadcore will lift off the lake bed, adding a backlead makes sure the mainline isn't spooking the fish between the rod and the feeding area.

------------------

All the best, Gaffer

Anglers' Net Members Club

• 4 weeks later...

for info ,after finding 3 rigs in the trees in a day all potential fish killers we have banned leadcore from the lakes.i am afraid the majority don't know how to use this so it has to go.lead tubing is ok though.cheers big al