boilie question !

Guest scoobs11

Guest RobStubbs

Further to Eltons comment, you can try very heavy baiting (feeding frenzy) and/or fish a bait just of the bed of bait. In theory this may pick up the bigger fish that aren't in the middle of the feeding group. You could try very big baits (30 or 40mm+). Also if fish aren't being caught much during the day it seems an ideal time to try and find them and stalk the bigger fish. Stalking at any time should enable you to select the bigger fish.

Rob.

Guest Andy Thatcher

Only one suggestion really that is a little step on from Rik's that has worked for me.

Still needs a gallon of maggots though.

Get 2 x 2kg freezer bags of frozen sweetcorn and put out one of the bags, yes the whole lot. Then start spraying maggots over it.

Small fish are attracted to the maggots, slightly larger fish are attracted by the smaller fish and the chain goes a while until small carp and bream start visiting. They start to get stuck into the corn and maggots and they start to attract the larger carp.

You will need to be patient though it could take 5 or 6 hours until the larger carp start to dominate the feeding area. When that happens time to take out the second bag of corn and split the feeding between corn and maggots.

As has been said it is about creating competition for food. They may not even need it but nobody and nothing turns down a free

meal.

That is the easy bit what you HAVE to do is find the areas that these larger fish visit regularly or you will have wasted that bait on guess work.

Pays your money and you takes your choice.

------------------

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Guest Andy Thatcher

Forgot to say that other reason you need to find them first is that even the best help in the world ain't ever going to catch what is not there.

Would have edited it but the message has not shown up yet !

------------------

Cheers

Andy

SCOOBS

I agree with Ric and Andy to some degree.I fish a very similar water to that of what you fish,but what i found to work was to either:

1.PREBAIT A SWIM FOR ACOUPLE OF DAYS OR

2.WHEN YOU ARRIVE BAIT AT LEAST 2 SWIMS WITH HEMP(ABOUT 4PTS IN EACH)ALONG WITH YOUR CHOSEN BAITS

I tend not to use boilies,but things like meat,paste,sweetcorn.Also you don't need to fish at 80 yards.I have caught most of my fish with in the margins and a rod lenght out.I don't like using maggots as you tend to get pestered by small fish.If you want to know anymore email me.

GOOD LUCK

Guest scoobs11

i very rarely fish any further than 40 feet from the bank on this pond coz theres no need, all the features are in the margins.

i may just give them a go with the hemp idea.as the carp avoid beds of sweet corn .

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest Andy Thatcher

Depends on the size of the bed.

Yes a tin or two but I doubt if they would be used to the quantities suggested.

You could add a drop of red dye jsut to change the appearance and of course, it's cheap !

------------------

Cheers

Andy