strawberry fields

gopher

Hi all.

Does anyone here have any information at all on strawberry fields lake, kent. I've been trying to get some details on the lake, but am not having much luck so far! Has anyone here fished it? Is it available on a day ticket? Where abouts is it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Gopher

Hi Gopher,

It’s just south of Tunbridge Wells.

If you take the A267 (Frant Road) south from Tunbridge, then after about ¾ mile turn left onto the B2169 (Bayham Road). After about 400yards you will come to a cross road, where you turn left onto Forest Road. Follow for about ½ a mile taking your first right into Benhall Mill Road.

Stay on this road and soon after you go over the railway the lakes are down on your right somewhere, but I think to actually get at them, you need to stay on the road to the next cross road, turn right into Hawkenbury Road, and after about ¼ of a mile there should be a farm track on your right that leads down to the lakes.

I think there are about 5 small lakes that were built originally as trout lakes. I’ve seen a couple of photos in the past of big 20’s and some low 30’s from one of the lakes.

Hope it helps

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Its the place where Dave Lane and Lee Merrit are catching all their 'instant' 30's and 40's.

Carp Angler of the Year? :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 05 April 2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]