longleat / shearwater

mr beef

The lakes are open mr beef - apparently there has been a haul out of there recently...

Take a look at this thread.

thebaitmaster.co.uk/forum/viewt...wtopic.php?t=76"

Can't see it myself though not for the top lake surely. We all now how hard that lake is.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a regular at shearwater and yes longleat is now open,said to be fishing well and yes , top lake is the same true to form.shearwater on the other hand is very slow, mainly due to the bankside disturbance and clearing over the closed period.plus the fact that it was dredged adding another 2ft depth has made it challenging to say the least :mad: Please let us know if u have a successful visit.

Hi colby, sorry about a late reply but have had pc probs! :mad: but didn make it to longleat. fished shearwater insted

No i had no carp over the 24hr session i fished, only a few bream and tench. Friend had a small carp about 6lb on 1st cast on popup tuti frutti 14mm boilie and methord and a few bream, we fished near the dam wall end.

If you were there i was the man with a swan in his hands for a few mins!on sunday morning :mad: line got caught on his ring! knew working at a bird gardens for a few years would come in handy :)

mate fished little shearwater easter and had a few low doubles out near the sunken trees on corn.

think that might be your best bet! :cool: :cool:

frenchie1 - actually you put the other thread in the "proper" forum.

This one was initially set up for SESSION (so, long stay) angling of multiple days. We've sorta strayed and now it gets lots of carp threads that don't involve real session angling.

In any event, no biggie since if a post gets too badly mis-placed, one of the mods will just move it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President