longleat / shearwater

mr beef

Did 3 nights over shearwater last weekend and took 7 carp (smallest was 4lbs 6oz and biggest was 7lbs 2oz). I also took 6 bream all around 5 lbs!!!

I was fishing up the top end where it is only about 4 feet deep and was fishing 2 rods. One to the overhanging tree up there and the second to a marker float in a deeper area.

I was using the new Richworth Ultra-Plex popups fished with pva bags of pellets. And on the last night I changed 1 of my rods to sweetcorn doppelganger and feeder and took some nice bream on it.

The only area that was catching was where I was fishing up the top. No-one else was catching further on down.

I only took 2 fish in the day but I think shearwater always fishes better in the night. There were also carp taking mixers of the surface.