Good Baitrunners

Sven1883

Now then I'm pretty new to Carping and recently bought some baitrunners Leeda Freespin 2XL cheap ones for about £20 and quite frankly they are crap.

The anti-reverse has gone on one and the bait runner drag has gone on the other.

Since trying to find a replacement for them I have been faced with reels in nearing a £100 and was only looking to spend about £50.

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sven

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allibee

Secondhand Shimanos ...

There have been a few threads recently on this subject, but bearing in mind Shimano are the best, you really would be wise to get on a pair

The 5000RE's retail for just over £50, but if you can lay your hands on some s/h 8000gte's you'll be glad you did

Like you say, you pay for what you get.

Secondhand Shimanos as the man says or new Okumas. Daiwas are pretty reliable too. I use ABUs There's a guy on Ebay who sells Okuma 5000 baitrunners for 40 quid each. Go to ebay and type in 'Okuma' hes somewhere down on the South Coast (Hastings I think)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

i hav a pair of abu's

freeliner 4000somthin

good reels no trouble at all handy money too

however after replacing them with shimano 800GTE's

you can tell the quality of good reels

Personally i'd go for some shimano's

Last a lifetime and with 6 month gurantee,

If you want new, go for the cheapest at around £70

But in magazines such as carp talk there is a two page spread of second hand gear, get yourself a copy and have a look!

Go for quality, even if it means more expensive, as in the long run it will work out better

(good piece of advice for any fishing tackle)

hope this helps

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here

cheers for the info mate,i do have a shimanoRE6000 baitrunner,brilliant reel but i cant afford another one at the mo,too many other bits and rods!to buy!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I use a shimano gte6000 and a shimano 4500 baitrunner.

If you shop about you can get the older shimano models at cheap prices.

'Baitrunner' is a registered shimano trademark.

They invented the baitrunner, all the others copied but none are as good or as reliable.

Look in the angling rags classified section, ebay, your local free ads and places like cash converters.

(I know one lucky bloke who picked up a pair of sparkling shimano 8000gtes for 40.00 at cash convertors, the lad should have priced them at 40.00 each but had made an error!!!!!!!!!!!)

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!