Good Baitrunners

Sven1883

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Allibee, don't know you, didnt realise. Thats the thing about forums, you make assumptions.

Ratty, I was very lucky with the ABUs. I ordered them when they were just arriving in the ABU Premier Dealership shops. I had ordered a pair of the 5000s but ABU were not due to supply them for a few weeks. in the meantime ABU had given their dealerships two pairs of multi bearing presentation reels (The ABU 5000XT) My dealer down in Devon gave me a pair, rather than make me wait for the standard reels. Nice reels for the money (I've bought one of the standard 5000s since) Not Shimano quality but then they 're not Shimano price. A 4000 just sold on Ebay for 17 quid.My standard 5000 I picked up new for 20 quid.

[ 17. August 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

cheers argyll,they sound ok i have looked at them in the shop they dont look to bad,shimano they aint but as you say neither is the price!(makes it more bearable when i break it,and i will break it!)

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I got two 8000GTEs from angling direct in norwich for £75 each last year, and it probably goes with out saying but they rock! And I doubt you will get a better deal new...

However, I was walking past cash converters shortly after and they had two at 40 each... bugger! Well, they may have been nicked, but if there is one near you and you don't mind that risk it is well worth a look.

allibee:

Secondhand Shimanos ...

but if you can lay your hands on some s/h 8000gte's you'll be glad you did

Like you say, you pay for what you get.

ace advice :)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Erik you forgot to add the following big pit traits - weigh twice as much ,free spool conversions are crap, totally unsuitable for anything else other than the job they were intended for.

Great for long range fishing but why should they be promoted as the standard carp reel?

I doubt if a fraction of "big pit reels" ever see a large lake let alone a big pit!

[ 27. August 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!