Line Strength

Elton

Just out of interest, what b/s mainline do you usually use for carp fishing? What do you look for in a line when choosing a new one?

I use 15lb and generally use whatever I can blag off Dave Barham, who always seems to have too much. It's Shimano Technium right now.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.... At the moment I am using G60 15lb b/s ... seems to be a good line and very reliable ... haven't had any problems with it ... not so much line memory .. w.i.n. (which is nice)

My favourite though is the berkley trilene ... loved that line .... never let me down ....

OUTrageous

PowerPro 30lb if the water isn't horrible for snags and I don't expect large catfish to be hanging around.

50lb if any of the above apply.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Elton,

I have used the Berkley Big Game 15lb. and the Spiderwire 24lb.(12lb. Diameter) for the past 4 years and LOVE them both. The line to use with vegetation is the Spiderwire of course, but I sometimes use the mono if float fishing in the same conditions. The Spiderwire will fray after a while, but the tensile strength of the line remains far and above the requirements. The Big Game has some memory after being left on the spool for longer timeframes. Yet it will lay out after about 3 cast or one good fish. For me, I am satisfied at this point. I still monitor the info supplied by numerous anglers as to what is currently working for them. I have a couple of spools that I keep on hand for refilling the reels if breakage occures. We will see what the future brings. :)

HOPPY

Elton:

Just out of interest, what b/s mainline do you usually use for carp fishing?

I'm using some 10 lb sportex fleur which I loaded onto my abu 5000C in about 1970. If it's good enought for 10 lb bass, it's good enough for carp.

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Elton,

I'm usig PowerPro for the first time--20lb which is 6lb dia. and am very pleased with it. Had a couple of nice carp the other day that took straight to the lillies but with some pressure eventually came out whereas before the line would just snap.

Nutter.

Bill

Hereford

ANMC Founder Member

50lb powerpro. This has the same diameter as 12lb mono and give me superior abrasion resistance compare to using braid of a really this diameter. So far I've been very impressed with it.

Also 15lb soft steel on my other spools, This never really sees the light of day these days

Paul Singleton

singy:

50lb powerpro. This has the same diameter as 12lb mono and give me superior abrasion resistance compare to using braid of a really this diameter. So far I've been very impressed with it.

Ditto!