cooking boilies

Guest develish_dean

Guest develish_dean

hi i have now decided that it would be better if i made my own boilies.

i have made a mix up but i dont know how long to boil the boilies for could any one give me an idea of how long i should cook them for and also how many should i cook at a time.

Guest Ferret1959

I cook mine for about 1 1/2 mins or untill they start to float but it depends on size mine balls are 18mm. And keep the water boiling.

Don't do to many at a time either.

Put them on a tea towel to dry then in the airing cupboard for 24 hrs.

------------------

Dave

mailto:dave@tjsangling.co.ukdave@tjsangling.co.uk

http://www.tjsangling.co.uk

Guest RobStubbs

I tend to boil mine in bigger batches and generally take about 2 1/2 mins for 16mm baits. Like Dave said wait for them to float, I generally then leave them about another 30 seconds. The best advice is to follow the instructions given with any base mix you buy - if in doubt ask the shop or phone the bait company, they may well offer you extra advice as to flavour combinations etc.

HTH,

Rob.

Guest bushwacker

devilish_dean, I do mine in an old deep fat fryer, the basket I find to be ideal when i`m lifting them out and putting tthem onto a clean dry tea towel to dry. I cook them for 1 1/2 mins for normal use, and for 2 mins if I want them just a bit harder.This is for my 16m/m size.For my pop up`s I cook them for the same length of time using a cork ball insert.

bushwacker

Guest peter mccue

D/D the guys have pretty well covered the times required & all I can do is agree with them.

However, one tip for when your boilies are ready to go in the fridge, pour a small amount of flavour into the plastic bag & swill it around coating the sides.

Add your boilies & give the bag a good shake so that the boilies get a liberal coating, put the bag of boilies in the freezer.

When you defrost the boilies for use, they'll pull in the extra flavour & smell great!

Don't worry to much about over flavouring your baits, they lose a lot in the cooking plus the extra is only skin deep.