Is there any bait that carp wont eat?

Sheepy

Hi Sheepy

Carp are underwater pigs, they will eat anything, this is why they populate so many different types of water, they can make use of the varied foodsources. They may have preferences we can use to our advantage - but most of the time they will eat "almost" anything you present to them.

Most of the rejection of foodstuffs we present to them is due to the situation they find it in - i.e. they're scared finless after being caught a few times by a method/in an area/at a certain time/on that bait before. Yeh, they do remember.... dunno how but they do.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carp will eat almost anything my [secret bait] is is red or yellow peppers cut into squares with the hook embedded in the pepper with the hookpoint shwing works on tench and bream too

when you think you know everything think again....

turtles ,in all my years of fishing i have never encountered carp eating turtles nor read of them doing so either if turtles are hard to find in your tackle shops try tortoises

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yes, caught a carp on a gudgeon

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Toerag:

Do they ever take fishbaits intended for pike?

Carp are an absolute pest when I'm after perch with deadbaits. And I don't just mean small ones either! I have to go up to 5" baits to avoid the carp!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

It strikes me as a little strange how folks can get upset with other anglers. If an angler wants to cast willy-nilly to the horizon and then retire serenely to a bivvy to await a bite so what. If that is how they get their enjoyment from angling fair play to them. I certainly don't have a problem with how someone chooses to fish, no-matter which methods or tactics they wish to employ. To many anglers, just being at the waters edge away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life is enough, let them enjoy their pastime in the way they seem fit.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.