coombe abbey

katch

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its own by the council big park down the road, the germans used it as a land mark to bomb coventry in the secound world war, £66 a season season ticket holders can fish a private bank for 4 months no day tickets on this bank but 100 pegs on other bank, can be fished by day ticket and season ticket holders , very good zander fishing and pike fishing in winter.around 80 carp up to 40+ but does not get fished only about or up to 6 carp anglers fish it for the carp but its big approx 120 acres of with you can only fish up to just under half for 4 months then a 1/3 the rest of season. thie owner want to keep this as a course fishery and not a carp venue, but the only stock 20s about 12 every other season, but i have sean them spaning this closed season

its own by the council big park down the road, the germans used it as a land mark to bomb coventry in the secound world war, £66 a season season ticket holders can fish a private bank for 4 months no day tickets on this bank but 100 pegs on other bank, can be fished by day ticket and season ticket holders , very good zander fishing and pike fishing in winter.around 80 carp up to 40+ but does not get fished only about or up to 6 carp anglers fish it for the carp but its big approx 120 acres of with you can only fish up to just under half for 4 months then a 1/3 the rest of season. thie owner want to keep this as a course fishery and not a carp venue, but they only stock 20s about 12 every other season, but i have sean them spaning this closed season

its own by the council big park down the road, the germans used it as a land mark to bomb coventry in the secound world war, £66 a season season ticket holders can fish a private bank for 4 months no day tickets on this bank but 100 pegs on other bank, can be fished by day ticket and season ticket holders , very good zander fishing and pike fishing in winter.around 80 carp up to 40+ but does not get fished only about or up to 6 carp anglers fish it for the carp but its big approx 120 acres of with you can only fish up to just under half for 4 months then a 1/3 the rest of season. thie owner want to keep this as a course fishery and not a carp venue, but they only stock 20s about 12 every other season, but i have sean them spawning this closed season

This is a very hard water. I know people who have spent two seasons really putting the hours in, and only having 6 runs. There are some nice fish in there aswell as double figure bream, tench and some massive Zander

Paul

:) off to coombe abbey i go gloriues 16th i no its very hard but i would rather catch fish out off here than any known 40 else where these fish go uncaught for years ome dont get caught,theres not many places in the uk like coombe, hard very but can be dawn right impossible , but if you dont give your best and try to learn you will FAIL?IF I CATCH OVER THE NEXT 5 DAYS ill post on here i wish :cool:

I had my first walk round Coombe Abbey a few weeks back. I've been at Cov Uni for 2 years and only just found out it exists! Its a real nice looking lake (if not a bit bigger than what i'm used to). I would love to give it a go but i don't think i'm gonna have that much time on my hands. Does it get very busy down there?

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of other lakes like it around Cov, maybe not quite as hard as Coombe Abbey but still a bit of a challenge?