coombe abbey

katch

Welcome The Dark One. Can't give you specifics about that area but a general suggestion for fishing larger waters is to simply treat a swim as if it were a smaller water. Pick a likely spot or two and just fish them the way you normally would.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well sorry ive not been in touch ive done 21nights total at combe this season for 9 fish 14 pick ups biggest 30lb 4oz 6 20s 1 double 1 single. lost big big commen at net est high 20 0r low 30 fantastic looking prime fish not a mark or hook point in any of them hope nest season to do more nights there

But have you caught any proper fish katch,or do those pesky carp keep picking up your dead baits?

Good bit of information on the venue here-

fjames.proboards6.com/index.cgi?boa...95009915&start=

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I live in Nuneaton and was cosidering having ago myself, can you night fish it?

well no my dead baits are now for the pike and zander not done very well for those at the moment but then again only done 2 weekenders the double figure zander still aludes me but time to put some time in before the end of the season is opon us. yes you can night fish combe but only on a season ticket, and to the matches the last comment is completly wrong there was only one match i know of that was the billy lane one.the reason being not enough bait going in to keep the bream shouled up.that the main reason why the bream are a lot bigger than many years ago. but i only fished on the private bank for the carp to many kids fishing for the pike in the summer on the public bank for me

proper fish lol im chuffed enough first season fishing for the carp at combe .by most people standeds. my rewards for combe are very good considering the peg i choose to fish was not one that had had fish out before,dont get me wrong it looks very carpy, but it away from most of the others and alot of people dont like fish on there own, and its really a one pegger. dont get me wrong people have given it ago but didnt surcome to any fish for them. but then again you create your own, you own luck with a little thought and effort,and of course a bait that you have every faith in MY OWN.

a good trick is if you like to keep things quiet is to tell people (people that walk the bank). is to tell them you are zander fishing.the usall thing is if the word gets out the area will be sawming with baits next week