intrepids wanted

Guest chesters1

I have an old Intrepid somewhere, I know it's black but can't remember which model.

chesters try Davis Tackle (Christchurch) I have just looked in an old brochure & they had a 'Black Prince' for £5. It may have gone by now though. www.bonefishadventure.com/davis

He may have some more in. I will keep my eyes open for you.

lyn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Peter Waller

FREE to a good home! Okay, so you only want fixed spool reels but this is free & no Intrepid collection should ever be without them! A serious must for the avid & complete collection! The definative must have!

Back in very early 1970 Intrepid, along with Allcocks, were taken over by a US Company called Gladding, which, in turn was eventually taken over by Shakespeare. Yes, we can thank our US cousins for the loss of Allcocks! Intrepid, for a short time, manufactured lures for Gladding. These were the 'Gladding Intrepid Flasha' lures. It was not a label job, it was very genuinely an attempt by Gladding to use its newly aquired UK manufacturing facility. It was also an attempt to produce a rival to the ABU Toby. Basically its a Toby without fins! Anyway, I have two of 'em. E.mail me your address & I'll pop 'em in the post. peter.r.waller@btinternet.com

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 09 February 2002).]

Originally posted by chesters1:

no prob i can wait, i can reconmend the fujifilm 4800z great camera although a little pricy.

i'll sort you with a pic. soon as pos. how much is 4800z. i'm on a budget of about £250 for a camera because i want to get a new printer/scanner as well.

i'll have to start thread for recomended digi/cameras.

(is this the longest thread ever on for-sales.)

p.s. got your chq. this morning i'll post the reel to you on monday.

cheers teepee.

Guest chesters1

the 4800 is a little out of your range,but maybe can be found cheaper web wise,it seems to be a little under £400 in local shops ,maybe a browse through what camera or whatever could give you the inf ,usually more pixels =better picture.

Guest chesters1

got a book at a car boot this morning " sun book of fishing" and in the back cover was an advert for intrepid sealy ,yet another range of intrepids to find....sigh

Guest Peter Waller

At one time, early 1970's, I managed a riverside tackle shop on the Norfolk Broads. Intrepid, Allcocks & Sealeys were bought up by Gladding. Intrepid made reels, lures!, and cheap rods. Sealey made quality glass fibre rods (& they were good too) whilst Allcocks struggled on with game tackle and cane rods. To put your fevered mind at rest I don't recollect an Intrepid Sealey range of reels! P.S. All three sizes of the Intrepid Flasha are on their way to your address.

Guest chesters1

yes i had 2 or 3 versions of the sealy blue match rods (bought from the freemans catalogue)the were great.

it seems that intrepid sealy did have a range of reels the bottom end was called the sk200 at £4.95 and the upper end was the chairman at £14.58 how many were inbetween i have no idea,the works were still at the falmouth address,thanks for the lures ,i look forward to recieving them.

Guest Peter Waller

You've opened a can of worms here Chester! At what point do you set the boundaries? By the way, in Barry Rickards book Spinners, Spoons & Wobbled Baits, circa 1975, it mentions, and shows a picture of the Intrepid range of lures, the Flasha & the Spin-Flasha. Can't see a manufacturer calling a lure a 'Flasha' in this day & age!

Guest chesters1

your right where do i stop ,i could say just the morritt ones but how many were there? ,i then could start on the gladding ones ,same question,i shant be going as far as the sheakspear ones for sure ,for a common reel for over 40 years there is sparce info out there ,everybody has had one ,there are still plenty about ,if only i could find the information i would be happy, it goes on ....