Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to Metcheck the forcast is improving should be at it's best Sunday/Monday :-). I'm starting to get excited.... atleast I'll be warm while blanking in an embaressing fashion!!! :-)

Errrm, what time are you planning to arrive? I'll be there first thing, do you want 12 or 8lb line?

Rich

Errrm, what time are you planning to arrive? I'll be there first thing, do you want 12 or 8lb line?

Rich

I'm hoping to get there 12-1pm I think. I don't mind what I use, Steve suggested 8lb as a minimum (for a running rig) I might try a semi-fixed rig at some point depending on what happens so unless you have any other suggestions I guess 8lb will be ok.... does that sound about right?

Thanks again.

Errrm

I'm hoping to get there 12-1pm I think. I don't mind what I use, Steve suggested 8lb as a minimum (for a running rig) I might try a semi-fixed rig at some point depending on what happens so unless you have any other suggestions I guess 8lb will be ok.... does that sound about right?

Thanks again.

Errrm

Sounds fine! It depends on what swim you get given! Some have more nasty bars than others! If you want after the BBQ I'm happy to wander around to your swim with you help if I can, especially if it is a swim I know!

Rich

Sounds fine! It depends on what swim you get given! Some have more nasty bars than others! If you want after the BBQ I'm happy to wander around to your swim with you help if I can, especially if it is a swim I know!

Rich

Thanks, all advice is greatfully received and then used to confuse myself even more ;-). I have a sort of plan which I'll probably change slightly when I get to the swim but hopefully some people can listen to it and say which ideas are worthwhile. See you Saturday.

Errrm

Rich

You do indeed know it, it's First Platform. Guy has had a lot of tench from there recently, fishing just past the second bar. It also produces big perch in the margins.

BTW, Guy reports that there's a snag about 15-20 yards past the second bar. My guess is that it's a long length of rope that's become exposed. I originally had it cleared by divers, but that was years ago.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

In case you missed it, one of the rules at Wingham is that you always use an unhooking mat.

If you don't have one please post on the following topic and I'm sure someone can help out: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Spare-t...h-t1542765.html.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I hope you all have a good weekend, and the eels are away on holiday. :D

The weather looks rough for those travelling South tomorrow, so a safe trip to you all.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You do indeed know it, it's First Platform. Guy has had a lot of tench from there recently, fishing just past the second bar. It also produces big perch in the margins.

BTW, Guy reports that there's a snag about 15-20 yards past the second bar. My guess is that it's a long length of rope that's become exposed. I originally had it cleared by divers, but that was years ago.

Aaah great swim! It has one on my favourite features in the lake! I'd had both a pb equalling female and pb male from there after the fishin last year!

The female (9lb 4oz):

post-560-1242336549_thumb.jpg

Rich

p.s. yes I know the snag, right next to the best part of the swim :(

Edited by Richard Capper

If you're not used to bivying up don't forget a sleeping bag or duvet. It can get pretty cold at night at this time of year.

If you need to borrow one please post on the following topic: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Spare-t...h-t1542765.html.