Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

I'll be closing the list in about a week assuming I'm full up. That should give everyone time to make arrangements plus pay for bait/BBQs. The exact date will depend on the number of bookings plus when I'm working round the lakes.

Steve, I'd love to be involved in your fish in. Besides being a massive fan of large tench (or any size tench come to that) I have been involved in project managing an environmental improvement regeneration project and would really enjoy discussing your project with you and swapping a few idea's. Fingers crossed there's room for me this year. Jeff

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will Peggy be putting a spicy coating on any of the barbecue chicken pieces, or will they all be a milder barbecue flavour?

So you think you're going to get some? :nono: You'll have to get in line behind Budgie and Andrew!!! :lol:

Edited by Peggy Burke

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

Anyone know how many lobworms to a c. 250g pot?

I think it's about 40 to 50.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Will Peggy be putting a spicy coating on any of the barbecue chicken pieces, or will they all be a milder barbecue flavour?

and whilst we're on the subject of food - my brother, Alan, provided bacon and sausage sandwiches and tea and coffee to greet the early (and not so early) arrivals at Wingham on the Saturday morning when he was alive. I carried on his tradition last year and I shall be doing it again this. As if you needed any more encouragement to put your names down :lol::lol: .

See you from 7am!

Steve C.

p.s. Elton - Heinz Ketchup as well as HP sauce provided! :P

Half tempted to pop down and see you guys if you'll have me. It'll be on my motorbike I expect so no way of getting any gear along with that length of ride.

I went a few years ago but caught nowt :D

James

I've been asked whether guests can fish the Carp Lake. I'm afraid the answer is no, that's reserved for the syndicate members. Elton and Si will be on it as will Rob Ward and Richard Capper, plus bailiffs Terry and Tom. Any more than 6 anglers and the catches drop sharply.

It's really woken up in the last week or so with 12 carp being caught of which 7 were 30lbs+ and the rest 20s. The best common went 38-00, the best mirror 39-10.

However there are a few carp in the Coarse Lake. A couple have been hooked on Fish-Ins over the years, but none has been landed.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Do spod/marker only rods actually count as 'rods' (3 maximum). I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask just to be sure.

Geoff

Do spod/marker only rods actually count as 'rods' (3 maximum). I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask just to be sure.

It's 3 rods with hookbaits in the water. Spods and markers don't count.

Edited by Steve Burke

The following who missed out last year have guaranteed places this year if they want them.

They'll still have to book though!

Richard Capper

Badexcuseforanangler (Darren Smith)

Jedibond (Ian Shiels)

Dales (Stephen Daly)

Anthony 78 (Anthony Chance)

Cliff 63

John BLOCK (John Westley)

Cousin Steve

Maddog aka Colin R (Colin Rennison)

Soozie U

Tony U