Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

How do we return the completed questionnaire to you Steve, replying to your e-mail just bounces back off your SPAM filter?

Edit: OK, used your PayPal e-mail addy instead of just hitting 'reply'. Trust that's OK?

Edited by Angly

Geoff

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got it and replied.

However the spam filter shoud have let your e-mail though. Anyone who's had problems please post here.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

On the subject of bobbins again, I took some very good advice this year and swapped the usual attachment which sits between the rod rest and bite alarm with a terry clip (anything like this will do: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DT274...CFRK7ZwodIW1p-g )

This means you can clip it half way up the bankstick and halve the amount of cord you need. With long drops attached the normal way under the alarm last year, I got into some impressive tangles, as there was about 4ft of cord! Now there's only about 2ft, and as soon as you lift the rod the bobbin pings off, as it can't go any higher.

I think it was Steve who first suggested it, and it's a really good idea. I just thought I'd mention it in case people want to use their own bobbins without dismantling them too much. It's already made my life 100% easier this year!

Steve C, well done for carrying on the tea & bacon tradition :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I had really hoped to apply for a place this year but after my accident the 600 mile drive is beyond me at the moment.

Have fun you guys and I look forward to your reports as always.

I really hope one of those big bream shows up this year :thumbs:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Steve

I initially received a spam filter undelivered reply, when using "reply" to your mail :

**Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter**‏

Sent: 30 April 2009 12:31:30

To: nic.horne@hotmail.co.uk

2 attachments

Delivery erro (0.3 KB), Undelivered-m (0.7 KB)

If you're having problems downloading attachments, please sign in again and select "Remember me on this computer".

Sign in again

Your message to: fishingbooks@uk2.netwas blocked by our Spam Firewall. The email you sent with the following subject has NOT BEEN DELIVERED: Subject: RE: Message from the Wingham Fisheries contact page

It seemed to go through ok when I sent a fresh email with the attachment to your email address.

Nic

Nic, received and acknowledged by e-mail. Many thanks.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The following who missed out last year have guaranteed places this year if they want them.

They'll still have to book though!

Richard Capper

Badexcuseforanangler (Darren Smith)

Jedibond (Ian Shiels)

Dales (Stephen Daly)

Anthony 78 (Anthony Chance)

Cliff 63

John BLOCK (John Westley)

Cousin Steve

Maddog aka Colin R (Colin Rennison)

Soozie U

Tony U

Woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo !!!!!!!

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

On the subject of bobbins again, I took some very good advice this year and swapped the usual attachment which sits between the rod rest and bite alarm with a terry clip (anything like this will do: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DT274...CFRK7ZwodIW1p-g )

This means you can clip it half way up the bankstick and halve the amount of cord you need. With long drops attached the normal way under the alarm last year, I got into some impressive tangles, as there was about 4ft of cord! Now there's only about 2ft, and as soon as you lift the rod the bobbin pings off, as it can't go any higher.

I think it was Steve who first suggested it, and it's a really good idea. I just thought I'd mention it in case people want to use their own bobbins without dismantling them too much. It's already made my life 100% easier this year!

Or if you own a set of the Fox drop off indicators Theseyou get a set of 3 different sized bank stick clips which are equally effective. I used these a couple of years ago at Wingham for the very reason you mentioned.

Great minds think alike!

Ant

post-4584-1241213670_thumb.jpg

Effort equals reward!!

Or if you own a set of the Fox drop off indicators Theseyou get a set of 3 different sized bank stick clips which are equally effective. I used these a couple of years ago at Wingham for the very reason you mentioned.

Great minds think alike!

Ant

Ant, those are exactly what I use! :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music