Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Ant, those are exactly what I use! :D

There are some pics of my bobbins here if anyone is interested. I will probably make one change to these this year and that will be to leave a tag end of 5 inches of powergum coming from the base of the line clip. I can then add the SSG shot to the tag right at the base of the bobbin but then if it is windy, like it has been on Wingham on my last couple of trips, I can add one SSG shot to the end of this 5 inch tag and have this resting on the floor. The means that I will see drop backs as well as full lifts and hopefully the bobbins wont be swinging around too much. Hope that makes sense.

bobbins004.jpg

bobbins001.jpg

Edited by Anthony78

Effort equals reward!!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve, I'm afraid my email from you had lost the attachment, though the inbox did indicate it had one. Also when I replied the firewall sent me a message it had been rejected.

John

New e-mail sent with questions in main body.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Despite only making a brief 1-day appearance at the recent Zander/Pike-in, more than one person recommended that I try and get down to Wingham, (particularly Anderoo) it is that recommended. Admittedly, reading Steves initial comments about the specimens held within, I was solely tempted but I'm limiting my close-season fishing to concentrate all my efforts and enthusiasm come the new season. Good luck to all those who are attending, and thank you Steve for such a welcoming, open invitation to all. Fantastic efforts for all those who go to make this event possible, and so keenly anticipated. I can't wait to read the reports and see the pics.

Closing time to apply for a ticket will be a week after I posted this topic, i.e. noon on Wednesday.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Closing time to apply for a ticket will be a week after I posted this topic, i.e. noon on Wednesday.

Steve, I got a fireall knock back too, all I was saying though was that I won't hear from Dales until Tuesday as he's away for the weekend. Should definitely have the sheet back by Wednesday though.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Just got back from a few nights at Wingham.Dont want to dissapoint you guys to much but the fishings a bit hard at the moment.........hard not to catch a bloomin great tench that is!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I will most likely come over first thing on the Saturday morning to give Steve C a hand with the sarnis and tea. If I can be of any other assistance to anyone else please just ask.

Also if anyones not sure of/or got the righgt tackle/rigs etc just say and I can help.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Also if anyones not sure of/or got the righgt tackle/rigs etc just say and I can help.

Hi Budgie,

It would be great to have a chat about rigs especialy. This is one area of specimen Tench/Bream fishing that I have never been able to get my head around and have never been 100% sure if my rigs are tangled or correctly presented on the lake bed. What kind of tactics are you using at Wingham at the moment? I'm always torn between using my heavy feeder tactics or scaled down carp rigs. Hope to see you down there as it would be great to hear your views on this.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

What with Wingham being so unpressured, and the bream density so low, is it wise to photograph captures at night with flash, and for that matter is a head torch even wise?

Geoff