A passion for angling

leedsunited

Just spoken to breamagain, thinks now that Yates / James may not have fallen out. Anyone know? Maybe it's just that they fell out . . of a tree !

Leedsunited ( who? ) May this be the start of a long and wonderful life beside still or raging water. Tight lines and well done to your grandad.

If your after Carp or Minnow enjoy the each moment, you won't always catch, no matter, if it was to easy we would soon let our gear gather dust in the garage. It's a good idea to carry a pocket book of birds and wild flowers and in time you'll soon learn to see what most miss.

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is that James ran off with Yate's wife

You just can't imagine either of them doing anything like that. Perhaps she was an ace worm digger.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Peter Waller:

Hey Leedsunited, get Grandad on AN! There are a few seemingly as old, if not older, who would enjoy talking old times with an angler who was born B.C.!

B.C. as in 'before carp', not 'before Christ!'

I agree. We would enjoy having the pair of you posting and I'm guessing he would enjoy the forum.

He might have an easier time reading the screen if you use the settings that work for me. In Internet Explorer

Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessibility tab then set like

Posted Image

I'm a little younger than him (near 60), several are older, and several (chesters1, yoxer, others) sound even older although I don't think they really are. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

argyll:

The word is that James ran off with Yate's wife

You just can't imagine either of them doing anything like that. Perhaps she was an ace worm digger.

Talk about Chinese whispers!!

That's not what happened at all.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Bob landed the Boss of the ACA, hardly his secretary. Coincidently he now has a job with the ACA. That is widely known, and relates directly to angling, so nothing startling there. Beyond that I would have thought it was non of our business! Mind you, it is interesting!

As for the Yates/James relationship. I attended a talk by Bob on Passion. When asked if there was to be another series he made it clear that the two remained friends but he felt that they could not work together over a long period. He also made it clear that he had nothing further to add.

[ 23. September 2004, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]