Warning Scammers are watching now!

SteveH

Ok Guys and guyesses, as you can see I have a Maver Pole advertised here for sale. I have advertised the same pole on other forums too. Today I got a likely sounding email, enquiring about it. The english wasnt perfect, but then again neither is mine. The person using what I now assume to be a false name (Bill Moore), asked for more details about the pole and my address. I replied asking for his, as he claimed to have a 'certified cashiers cheque ready and waiting. What I got in return was a promise to pay £4000 into my bank and that a 'shipping agent' would be sent to pick up the pole. This second email was written in English so broken a fracture clinic couldnt help it.I have informed this person that no way do I want them to send any sort of payment (I will certainly not be releasing my bank details to them anyway), that I am also forwarding their email to the police, and my local Trading Standards Office and I will certainly do this. This has all the hall marks of an Identity theft scam, and possible cleaning out of bank accounts, tho to be honest mine is so overdrawn they couldnt damage it.

Just a heads up not to release your details without some thought.

SteveH

Guest Ferret1959

We had a similar situation with a car my girlfriend was selling.

Turned out to be iffy cheques and the police were after the suspects.

After this email I didn't here from them again.

"Dave. TJ's Angling." <l*******1@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

I'm Karens boyfriend and she tells me you are trying to do a deal on her

Suzuki.

What's the score with you wanting to send a cheque for 3 grand and you

wanting one back from her?

Cheers.

Dave.

Sent : 12 January 2005 09:54:48

To : "Dave. TJ's Angling." <l*******1@hotmail.com>

Subject : thanks

hello

how are you?i will like you to understand that all am asking karen to do is to diduct her selling price out of the £3000 my client will be sending to her and send the excess funds to my shipping comapny via western union money transfer so that they can come for the picking up.

thanks

dan

Steve/Dave,

Thanks for bringing this to light. I'm going to post a link in the other forums, as this is something that could affect others.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

There was a link on another thread, about a story like this, where the "mug" took the "chancer" for a ride, and kept them strung along for ages, It was hilarious, but true. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Yes Norrie it was recalling that thread that tipped me off so to speak, when it all comes out I bet these people are operating from either eastern europe, holland or east africa as most of these operations seem to.

I wish Common, Im still looking for the gits (possibly smakhead gits) that burgled my home and took my fishing tackle making it so that I have to sell this pole to buy more of the rod and line stuff I prefer to use. :( Note I am not looking for the tackle thats long gone, but I have a long memory and I just know one day i will find out who took it, I did last time I had my tackle nicked and boy was meeting the lad that took it satisfying :)

Hope you do meet the b******S :mad:

Show them what you can do with a pole

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Hey I had the exact same email from 'bill moore' regarding a greys carp rod im selling... told him basically to f*** off I dont deal with money scammers from nigeria! Watch out... unless someone is willing to send a normal payment and/or meet you in person, and doesnt have a clue how to string together a sentence in english - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE... damn this annoys me!