D-Link broadband router / modem wireless ready for sale

tonight ladies and gentlemen we have offered for sale, a brand new d-link wireless router complete with a usb wireless wotsit to plug into your pc, so you can have broadband anywhere in your house (or garden for that matter if you have a laptop!)

if you have broadband already connected, this is all you need to connect up to 4 wired computers (tis a network hub also you see) and as many wireless connections as you can fit in your house. its 801.11g but backwards compatible with 801.11b, and its 'wifi' certified which means it'll work with any wireless device.

yours for £60, i bought it for £80 from pc world today in error (i thought mine was bust but it was our connection that was playing up :( ) but the swines at pc world will only take it back if its faulty. so its your chance to get a bargain out of my rash purchase!!

[ 29. March 2005, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeepster,

Is this the kind of thing I've been looking for? i.e. can I use my laptop via my PC connection without having to add cards and stuff?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

its a broadband router (which replaces the modem bt give you) which lets you plug network cables from any desktop pcs you want to use broadband into it, plus a small usb dongle that you plug in your laptop, giving you wireless access to the router, and thus your broadband connection.

however i might have decided to keep it, but if i do it means my previous one (3com, very good router, only reason i may keep the new one is that its currently plugged in, and i cant be bothered unplugging it!!) is for sale, £30 to you mate, if you really wanted the new one, you could have that. let me know either way

Elton, I have a Belkin one which I upgraded to and a Lynksis card for the laptop. never actually used them together but I very nearly chucked them out the other day. If they are any good?? You know where I am!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Elton, I have a Belkin one which I upgraded to and a Lynksis card for the laptop. never actually used them together but I very nearly chucked them out the other day. If they are any good?? You know where I am!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

errrhem ,i have noticed clever people buying from a certain shop an item then returning it and buying it from the reduced section at a lower price (as it becomes opened and thus second hand) ,i have been told all you do is visit the intended items website and looking up the specs to see if there are any items that conflict with it ,i have been told that mentioning that conflicting item as living in your pc (as long as its not mentioned on the box) ensures a refund.errhem so i have been told .

[ 29. March 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Don't know WHAT happened there Jeepster!! Apart from not reading ALL the post :o:o But I wasn't trying to steal your thunder I can assure you!! Anyway, if you want £30 I want £130!!! (Does that help? : )

Chris Goddard