First time users.

Guest Ferret1959

Well i came onto a site and have certainly helped a lot of your members buy some cheap hooks. i am willing to make a contribution to the Trout and Salmon Association or something similar. Alan i am advertising under the banner of "For Sale" and not spamming individuals, so if you have a particular problem with this perhaps i should take the link off. I never set out to upset people just help them buy a few cheap hooks, and no i am not a big seller with a shop i am an individual trying to help others and help pay a bit towards my fishing costs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't go labouring under the misapprehension rivereden that you're helping anyone but yourself. you're selling items to make a profit, that's not helping people, that's business. this isn't a criticism, just an observation, the world would grind to a halt if people stopped selling things to each other, but dont pretend you're helping people.

So by saving someone a few quid thats not classed as helping people. I am not charging a lot of money for them and the profits must pennies and certainly not Pounds yes i am making a profit but i would consider helping people save a few quid more important !!!

if you weren't making a penny, save your expenses, then yes, you would be helping people. as soon as you make a profit then that's what you're doing, rather than helping people

I only wish if i were looking to buy an item for fishing someone would advertise it on here and save me a few quid and that would help me a lot. It helps buy saving you money instead off getting ripped off in the tackle shops paying 100% mark up at least.

this is a complicated issue rivereden, tackle shops charge a larger markup than you because they have higher overheads, they also however have shops where you can go and compare items, staff who should be able to offer advice, not only on tackle but local fishing spots and clubs. the internet, and in particular ads like yours on forums are fine for buying a few hooks, but good tackle shops are awonderful thing and we should cherish them, not accuse them of ripping us off because they have the cheek to try and make a profit (which is, after all, exactly what you're doing...... just on a smaller scale)

I agree totally but if i know what i wany to buy in the first instance i will search around to try and buy it at its cheapest price, and if someone selling hooks on this forum is the cheapest thats where i will shop. And of course if its advice i tend to speak to local fishermen/women and that is not always the local tackle shop. I think we should put this matter to bed, shake hands and agree to disagree.

regards

Rivereden

Guest Ferret1959

The reason I posted this thread is..........an introduction and some input would be nice.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from a stranger who just walked up to me in the street.

That's how some 'sellers' are treating ANet.

I'd like to know more about the person first.

Lets face it the biggest sellers on here and well know to all of us and can be trusted.