First time users.

Guest Ferret1959

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferret1959:

Lets face it the biggest sellers on here and well know to all of us and can be trusted.

Spray that again Dave?? :-)

Riverden, don't worry about selling whatever you want mate!! If it is wrong then be sure Elton WILL let you know!! Just the lads on here do NOT want to see him taken advantage of and mother him a little!! Some more than others!!

But I have to say that the idea of NOT biting the hand that feeds you is a sound piece of advice and may I suggest that instead of offering money to Elton?? (He will most likely refuse it!!) Try offering something he can put up or add to something as a prize?? Which gives me a spiffing idea!!! Elton what can you do with several.........

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest Ferret1959
Rivereden:

Dave thanks for setting off the thread again just when we shook hands, i dont expect you to buy anything if you feel like you dont want too. Its for people who want to buy from me.

Pardon???????????

Did I mention you???????

Do you have a problem with MY feelings??????????

Guest Ferret1959
Rivereden:

Dave thanks for setting off the thread again just when we shook hands, i dont expect you to buy anything if you feel like you dont want too. Its for people who want to buy from me.

Oh and I have bought loads off members on here, but only established sellers who I can trust.

As with Dave I have bought (including a boat) loads of things via people on AN and have never been let down once.

I have also sold a lot via AN with Eltons permission being obtained first and only been let down twice.

The above is not the point that I was trying to make.

I believe that people should PUT A BIT IN before they just take out.

Sorry Riverdean if I seem to be having a pop at you but you keep popping up even though hands have been shaken.

I am confussed, you are happy to sell on AN and people are happy to buy from you, so far no problem, why is it that you are happy to make a contribution to the Trout & Salmon Association and not AN :confused: why not sell through the Trout & Salmon Association :confused:

Oh and just to let you know that this is not the first time that this topic has been posted albiet under a different title and author so it is not personal :)

Oh and Chris G, yes we Mother Elton, he is probably out buying anti fouling so has no idea what is going on until some one reports the post :D

Got any hook links yet :P

Alan :cool:

[ 23. May 2005, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Oh and Chris G, yes we Mother Elton, he is probably out buying anti fouling so has no idea what is going on until some one reports the post     :D    

Got any hook links yet    :P    

Alan    :cool:  

As it happens YES I have actually!! yesterday!! So there!! :D:P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hello,

I am a new member here and admittedly i did register for the sole purpose of advertising my old fishing gear but only because I saw a fishing sites classified section as getting the best audience for what it is. Whether anyone sees that as being wrong or not I don't know - sort of like popping into somebodys local and the juke box going quiet and everybody looking at you!

Hi Charla and welcome to AN.

Seems like you are a good example of a previous comment, if it brings people onto AN then it has to be good for AN :)

Did you manage to sell your old gear?

ChrisG, Felixstow and Boston on Saturday, Sibsey Sunday, Eyebrook on Monday, want some coffee mate :D:D

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Hi Charla and welcome to AN.

Seems like you are a good example of a previous comment, if it brings people onto AN then it has to be good for AN   :)  

Did you manage to sell your old gear?

ChrisG, Felixstow and Boston on Saturday, Sibsey Sunday, Eyebrook on Monday, want some coffee mate    :D      :D  

Mr Taylor

At least spell Felixstowe right :D:D ( most of the half wits here cant) as we are just across the pond from you!

I live in Trimley and have to work here.Infact as I type this I am looking out across the Orwell Estury at the Naze and Harwich.

Harwich dont look to bad with the sun setting in the back ground!

All them wind turbine parts on the quay side next to me are a bl00dy eyesore.

At least they are being put up somewhere the other side of the border near Wallers part of the world :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris - did you have a nice visit to the arse end of Suffolk and can I ask what was the purpose?

A visit to the Ferry, a walk on the prom or maybe a bit of business on the docks.

If I had known you were paying a visit I'd of put the kettle on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Thanks for the welcome Alan. I must add that it seems rather unfortunate that I find this site only as I'm getting rid of my gear and taking a break from fishing (never did get out as much as i'd have liked!), as I think this is a cracking BB and would have no doubt given me access to a lot of invaluable advice / ideas which I didn't really have access to (apart from the old 'Sea Angler' subscription I had). Anyway, that aside, I dare say that I will continue to watch the boards regardless if whether i'm getting out or not. Regards the gear i'm selling, no its not sold yet - only posted up this morning and going in the Ad-Mag tomorrow so hopefully only a matter of time.

Thanks again.

Alan.