84 replies to this topic

#81 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,060 posts
  • Interests:Fishing,Photography,Internet

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:21 PM

In general once the cold has set in I tend to bait fish on most of my day trips.However if Ive only got limited time or its a spur of the minute type trip I often tend to wobble or lure fish.

Was doing quite well on lures (had my first Thames 20) during the first high pressure spell we had a few weeks back but since then its gone a bit pants and the bait rods have been out.

Today we had a bit of a break in the weather that I had not anticipated so took advantage of it.Bit low on baits so grabbed the lure rod.Been using a swim bait (6" Storm Kickin minnow) that I brought in the States recently quite a lot and having caught well on it have been showing it around to a lot of people.As a result of this and the snatched nature of the trip when I reached into the bucket to pull one out and stick it on neither were in there!!! :o

In a way it was good though as Ive been a bit blinkered with it since getting back to the UK.So instead a Super Sandra was stuck on and flicked out in to the current. A few retrieves and a few fish later I remembered what a great lure these are! Used to use the big ones all the time on the trout res's before the Bull Dawgs became the must use bait. After today Ive started to think what is it that makes a Dog better than a Sandra? certainly aint the price!! or their fish catching ability!

Best fish today wasnt massive (12lb ish) but the dozen or so other fish between 4 and 10 made it a pleasant half day.Best of all it re light my love affair with an old lure that had been put out to pasture! :wub:

Edited by BUDGIE, 03 December 2007 - 08:23 PM.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

#82 benhben

benhben

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football, Blackburn Rovers.<br /><br />And abit of Fishing :)

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:51 PM

Does anyone know where the Ryobi Mugger can be bought from? Cant find them anywhere!

#83 Neil G

Neil G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

Anyone been out with the lures recently?

I never get chance to do any fishing now (So much work to do!) :angry:

Nope

Haven't been out doing any piking for the last two weeks.

Was going lure fishing this weekend but river up by about 5/6ft, chocolate and steaming through. :schmoll:

What with the bad weather and Christmas coming up it's looking like a pretty duff pike winter for me...I really hope we get some proper winter weather Jan/Feb so I can crack the lures out.

#84 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,060 posts
  • Interests:Fishing,Photography,Internet

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:18 PM

The most normal period to see me doing a lot of lure fishing (and I believe the best time to do it) is Autumn.However this year we didnt relly have one did we!

As Im up in London at the moment my piking has had to be a bit different to most years.Not so much because I'm fishing new waters (as thats a good thing) but more that my MO of fishing has had to be different.More snatched trips and not having my normal bait reserves has meant more lure and deadbait wobbling sessions.

Due to this Ive found myself fishing in a lot of conditions with lures that I wouldnt normally do so.And my conclussions? to be honest they are that I had got it right! neing forced to lure/wobble fish in poor conditions has just confirmed the veiws I reached some years ago.But fishings fishing and its been fun.
And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

#85 noodle996

noodle996

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:pike perch chub generally anything that will take lures and big sky fishing

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

bump

ive bumped this as a lure ive been looking at to complement my minnowbaits turned up 4 years ago on this

budgie

talk to me please
Windels Muskie Snack

looking for a minnowbait to complement magnum bombers and mirrolures in the biggest sizes different rise rates etc how does it compare to either

and lo and behold its been mentioned on a thread i posted on a while back :clap:

and all this after spending three days trawling muskie, walleye forums in the US

its enough to make me cry it really is lol

ps ive had grief trying to get into here for a while now so if i dont get back to you you can hit me on the pac forum
john woods ie the clumsy forgetful fool on the alarms thread youve been on recently

Edited by noodle996, 20 February 2010 - 01:38 AM.